Cheerleaders

Square Wheels

If you came here looking for pics, sorry to disappoint.

Let's say I understand cheerleading for young kids as an activity and something to get them moving.  I'll even concede it's worthwhile in a high school where the cheerleaders can get the crowd cheering, but are they needed in professional sports?

Why doesn't baseball have them?  Good god, if ever a sport needed cheering up...

To me it all goes back to the podium girl issue.  Are they adding anything to the sport?  Has anyone ever said "Damn, he would have nailed that field goal if the cheerleading were better!".

I've never been to a football game, Pats tickets are $300+ for nosebleed seats.  Too rich for me.  But I can't imagine watching them over the players.

Has anyone ever looked at a cheerleader and said I wonder what her ambitions in life are?  I wonder what her degree is in?

I say we ban cheerleading from sports.

Every so often a 'cheerleading' organization will stand outside one of the big box store with canisters, begging for money so they can go to a 'cheering' competition in Hawaii.

Really? Hawaii?  I've yet to visit Hawaii myself, so I'm not about to contribute to a bunch of snowflakes to travel there for a cheering competition, of all things.

And they better keep of my lawn too! :angry: