Got In Yet Another Car Crash

ChrisL

And no Beanz I wasn't speeding and it wasn't my fault.  Rear ended by someone who didn't realize traffic had come to a stop due to.another wreck... I'm OK, car is pretty f'd up.  One of many things that pissed me off about this is the wreck occurred at the same place, just opposite direction. Of my last serious wreck in 2014.  57/60 Interchange kinda near Beanz..  The interchange is seriously dangerous.

I've been rear-ended a couple of times in SoCal. Last time was on the 91 westbound at the I-5 backup. No damage to my truck, but the guy that hit me got a trailer hitch through the radiator. I almost got nailed again last weekend coming out of downtown LA in the rain. I've taken to running the dashcam when ever I'm over there, but I think I need to point it out the back instead.

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Chic magnet.

Yeah it was a chick that hit me but she was just so devastated I really felt bad for her.  Her car was worse off than mine...   She apologized numerous times, was in tears most of the time and gave me a big hug before we both left the scene... She was a Filipino lady about my age going home after a long swing shift at the hospital.  

Funny thing was when the car hit me and lurched me forward I stepped on the gas instead of  the brake and nearly hit another car.  For that split second I'm thinking WTF as my engine is racing and my car isn't doing what i think it should be doing as I'm trying to regain control of the car....  I also must have hit my left arm on the door again as my bicep is pretty sore.   The last time I walked away with nothing but a big bruise on my left bicep. 

I dunno! I saw the news report on tv, said some dude in VW caused the crash while speeding.  Do you drive a VW?? :P   Yeah that  interchange seriously sucks! Traffic slows, people slam on the brakes for no reason and others try to squeeze into small spaces at high speeds. Does not mix. I've seen plenty of accidents there. Scary, I have seen families go for a spin there a few times. Scary sight! People need to pay attention there big time! Glad you are OK! 

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah it was a chick that hit me but she was just so devastated I really felt bad for her.  Her car was worse off than mine...   She apologized numerous times, was in tears most of the time and gave me a big hug before we both left the scene... She was a Filipino lady about my age going home after a long swing shift at the hospital.  

That's exactly what happened to me when I was rear ended at a red light.  A nurse going home after a long overnight shift.  No damage to my car at all as I had a Hollywood rack with a giant steel tube.  The lower stabilizer bar ripped her radiator apart along with the center strut and hood latch.  Her boyfriend bought me a new hitch rack and I didn't call the insurance co.  I did however call the police.  It seems she was driving his car because she had totaled hers a few weeks before.  After he paid me he dumped her.

High maintenance.

Well an update on my wreck.... So after spending a couple of hours getting the claim filed and rental arranged I started getting fuzzy headed, light & sound sensitivity and dizzyness... I got a serious cuncussion a little over a year ago and remembered the feeling so got myself checked out.  No signs of neurological damage but yeah got another cuncussion....

I remember hitting the headrest with the back of my head pretty hard which was an identical impact to my 1st one where I fell backwards and hit my head.

Dr put me on 3 days off work.  I actually feel OK otherwise, no neck pain.

48 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well an update on my wreck.... So after spending a couple of hours getting the claim filed and rental arranged I started getting fuzzy headed, light & sound sensitivity and dizzyness... I got a serious cuncussion a little over a year ago and remembered the feeling so got myself checked out.  No signs of neurological damage but yeah got another cuncussion....

I remember hitting the headrest with the back of my head pretty hard which was an identical impact to my 1st one where I fell backwards and hit my head.

Dr put me on 3 days off work.  I actually feel OK otherwise, no neck pain.

A lost time injury on your OSHA 300. ?

Hope you feel better soon.