I had two generals hold doors open for me today

JerrySTL

11 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

A 1-star and a 2-star. We we heading into the Scott AFB Fitness Center and they were a little ahead of me. It must have been because of my age because those boys looked young!

I'm sorry but that's nothing. 

In my earlier days I shared a urinal with Chris Barber. :)

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The chef or the engineer?

Oh my God....such ignorance.

Chris Barber the musician....mind you it was a long time ago when I could still pee unassisted.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiC5vqtlZfSAhVD2RoKHbS_B3UQFggfMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FChris_Barber&usg=AFQjCNG1zCTH3V9dCX15K32DR_C_3Q0zHg&sig2=_Ipkjj7vwCETtoXXBpYF5Q&bvm=bv.147448319,d.bGs

American generals are two a penny. Chris Barber is a jazz legend.

I once shared a urinal with an Irish politician who was later jailed for tax fraud. He rather presumptuously engaged me in pleasantries possibly thinking I was a voter in his constituency which I wasn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Burke_(Irish_politician)

That's pretty cool.  I never saw a General in the Ft Myer gym but it was one of the few places that wasn't segregated by rank. 

General officers were a dime a dozen at Ft Myer.  3 of the Chiefs of Staff lived on base and I once got chewed out by the Chief Of Staff of the Army! 

25 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

That's pretty cool.  I never saw a General in the Ft Myer gym but it was one of the few places that wasn't segregated by rank. 

General officers were a dime a dozen at Ft Myer.  3 of the Chiefs of Staff lived on base and I once got chewed out by the Chief Of Staff of the Army! 

Chewed out for what?

14 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Chewed out for what?

Me and my partner would catch the turtles that roamed the base, shine up their she'll with Armor All and use White Out to paint "MP" on the sides and a little stripe connecting the letters.  They looked like little MP helmets walking around base.

One Sunday afternoon I was working Wright Gate which is near General Row and some old dude in civilian clothes was walking his dog.  He saw one of the turtles so came up to the gate.  I recognized him (General Whickam, Chief of Staff of the Army), saluted and he says, you tell your MP buddies to leave my fucking turtles alone!  "YESSIR!!!".

Little did he know he got one of the two culprits!

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

What's the point in sharing a urinal if you can pee unassisted?

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Me and my partner would catch the turtles that roamed the base, shine up their she'll with Armor All and use White Out to paint "MP" on the sides and a little stripe connecting the letters.  They looked like little MP helmets walking around base.

OMG, I just about spewed coffee on my monitor. :lol:

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

OMG, I just about spewed coffee on my monitor. :lol:

The things young soldiers do right..... Somebody also advised our 1st Sgt and he thought it was the funniest thing ever.  He addressed us during Guard mount but it was like, ok guys that's funny but knock it off.  We stopped after that.