Doncha just wonder at the decision making processes which led to this?

2Far

At that age, my brother used to get off the bus at the corner bar on his way home from school if he saw my grandfather's truck there. He would go in, play a game of pool with him, then help him into the truck and drive him home. He started doing this after finding Grandpa's truck sitting in a ditch one afternoon. It was a small town and everyone knew, including the cop that lived around the corner from us. At twelve, my brother was a better driver than my grandfather was sober (which was almost never). The kid had already been driving off-road since about the age of six.

• Heart 3

Comedian Augie Smith once told the story that he and his brother were with their dad at a bar. He was 9 his brother 14. Dad knew he was drunk. Got in the passenger seat, handed the keys to Augie and told him to drive home. Older brother was on back seat. 

After several miles on the freeway, and likely concerned calls to the police, an officer stopped them. The office asked why the boy was driving and dad said he was too drunk to drive. The officer looked in the back seat, saw the obviously older brother and asked why he didn't make him drive instead. Dad replied, "Don't be silly. He can't drive a stick"!

• Heart 4

My nine year old granddaughter has been begging me to let her drive my car for a couple years. She even wanted to drive the motor home. I couldn't figure out why she was so interested in driving. It turns out her other grandpa lets her drive his truck all over the farm.:whistle: