Man down!

donkpow

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I settled the property damage claim today. Check's in the mail. I don't want to say how much except to say they exceeded the MSRP of $1620. I also get to keep whatever is left of the Cannondale.

Going in for a consultation tomorrow with a local power house personal injury firm. I think they will probably even sue Tom.

bill murray good luck GIF

• Awesome 1

The lawyers will take my case on contingency. 

I asked if they can do anything about Tom. They said they are aware of him but would rather not get tangled with him because he is mobbed up, part of the 'Hobbit gang' near DC. They deal mostly in fake "precious" items. They get their name because they stomp their victims and competitors with their big unshod feet.

chart3.jpg.54217f3dc3578a664915c132536360ee.jpg 

• Heart 3

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I asked if they can do anything about Tom. They said they are aware of him but would rather not get tangled with him because he is mobbed up, part of the 'Hobbit gang' near DC. They deal mostly in fake "precious" items. They get their name because they stomp their victims and competitors with their big unshod feet.

Nominated.  This might be the best n00b post ever.  Yes ever in the history of the internet forums SW forum.  Sorry, what was I thinking.?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Tom Bombadil?

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2019 at 9:07 AM, donkpow said:

I had to return to the ER. Looks like I may have received a concussion in the crash and symptoms of that arose more than a week after the crash. Also had to have surgery on my elbow to remove infected material. 

I'm going to go lay down now. Please try to be quiet.

Sorry to hear this.  When I had the fall last year the ER also made no mention of the concussion.  That showed up later.  Some of the advice I got here was spot on.  Rest.  Try not to do anything complicated with the eyes. Be careful to hold on to something when sitting up or standing up or any other major change of position.  It will probably last longer than you think and can come back easily for many weeks.

Of course all sex will have to be on your back.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Sorry to hear this.  When I had the fall last year the ER also made no mention of the concussion.  That showed up later.  Some of the advice I got here was spot on.  Rest.  Try not to do anything complicated with the eyes. Be careful to hold on to something when sitting up or standing up or any other major change of position.  It will probably last longer than you think and can come back easily for many weeks.

On his back? what is the monkey going to do then?

• Heart 1

37 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

When I fell and hit my head playing softball I finished the game, went out to dinner with my family after, showered up and watched tv prior to bed.  Felt fine the whole time.  Woke up in a deep fog, light & sound sensitivity, fatigue, all of the classic symptoms.  It doesn’t always hit you right away. 

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

When I fell and hit my head playing softball I finished the game, went out to dinner with my family after, showered up and watched tv prior to bed.  Felt fine the whole time.  Woke up in a deep fog, light & sound sensitivity, fatigue, all of the classic symptoms.  It doesn’t always hit you right away. 

That's why they tell you to never go to sleep after a concussion. You may never wake up.

Given how long ago this was, it is essential that you heed this warning immediately and never go to sleep again.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1