Happy Saturday Morning

petitepedal

I’m taking out a kayak today. All the boat launches at my favorite lake are closed because of high water. I’m trying to decide if I want to try going anyway or just go to another lake. I think I can still drive down an old railroad bed and get to the water. The other question is which kayak to take? I want to take my big fishing kayak but if I have to carry it a long way to get to the water it’s too heavy. My favorite place I have been launching I saw a photo this week before everything was flooded and where I usually park was under water.

10 minutes ago, wilbur said:

It has been 33c and humid here.  Lots of storms this morning as a cold front came through and was down to 18c.  Refreshing!  Tomorrow is back to 36c as the warmth sets back ion.. 

It’s 51° F here (about 11° Canadian). I think I’ll wait an hour before heading to the lake.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I think the birds are done waking up..maybe I will fall back asleep now! 

Funny you mention bird silence. I had an eerie experience with that yesterday.

I took Jake for a 2.5 mile walk on a nice, breezy day yesterday and our paved trail passed through 1.5 miles (there's a distance marker every 0.1 miles) of mostly woods with lots of birds chattering. Then we hit a 0.2 mile section that passed through a woodsy area that's along the edge of a disc golf course and picnic table area.  Dead silence.  Not even crows.  No golfers, etc.  It was eerie.  I was waiting for Tyrannosaurus Rex to appear as happens in the movies when it gets quiet.

It was the 0.2 miles immediately to the right of this picture. Maybe there were hawks in the sky like in this earlier-date picture. I didn't look up.

1383768012_6.20190515_155550straight.clar900p.jpg.612078a632b6f25d29a452843ca52c3f.jpg

• Heart 1