Noise complaints

BR46

It's Indy car weekend at Road America.

I sitting here reading about the noise complaints from people camping at the camp grounds and the home owners near the track.

The race track has been there since 1954 you built your house next to the race track what did you expect would happen.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Around here people build next to farms then complain about the manure smell. In many cases the farmer they complain about is the same one they bought their property from. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I sitting here reading about the noise complaints from people camping at the camp grounds and the home owners near the track.

The race track has been there since 1954 you built your house next to the race track what did you expect would happen.

But it is so nice and quiet when there are no races. :D

My Dad bought a house near O'Hare Airport. He said it didn't bother him, but if we were talking out on the patio we'd need to stop and wait for the jets to fly by every minute and a half. We also have some friends that built their dream house 5000 feet from the Alpine Valley music theatre. With their house on top of a hill, it sounds like they're at the show. Its great if someone they like is playing. Not so much if they aren't. Who knew after having it pumped into your bedroom while you are trying to sleep you can get sick of Jimmy Buffet. :dontknow:

As for living in farm country, I have no problem with them spreading manure. But I truly believe they do it the day before holidays and on the weekends on purpose. :angry:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Airehead said:

We have the same issues after people build near airports.  I built here now move the Airport. 

This seems especially crazy coming from people camping near the track. 

It's my understanding that this also happened at JFK.  It was built out in the middle of what was wetlands but because of the road development land became cheap and plentiful.  Home owners moved in and then complained.  Today when you fly out of JFK your pilot has to use certain noise abatement procedures that make the flight more dangerous and the homeowners less impacted by the noise.

Well...people in the neighborhood by work bought the old houses that have been there for years...near the neighborhood post office...then complained about the delivery trucks...

And then there is me...yes...close to tracks..at the time I bought the tracks were hardly used...and well now you know the rest of the story!!

4 hours ago, BR46 said:

I'm sure the fine people of Bhopal, India never had any complaints.

18 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Well...people in the neighborhood by work bought the old houses that have been there for years...near the neighborhood post office...then complained about the delivery trucks...

And then there is me...yes...close to tracks..at the time I bought the tracks were hardly used...and well now you know the rest of the story!!

Somewhere round here I still have a wooden train whistle I was going to send you.