Whelp, hit PF this AM

2Far

I was one of the half dozen souls there when they opened the doors. My first visit since 3/15. Crept  up to about a dozen folks while I was there. Lotsa room. About double the cleaning stations, all with hand sanitizer. Every other treadmill/elliptical/cycle/stairmaster placarded off.

2 hours ago, 2Far said:

I was one of the half dozen souls there when they opened the doors. My first visit since 3/15. Crept  up to about a dozen folks while I was there. Lotsa room. About double the cleaning stations, all with hand sanitizer. Every other treadmill/elliptical/cycle/stairmaster placarded off.

Air circulation would be my remaining concern.  You can control your distance and control wiping surfaces & washing hands, but hard to control the crap in the air.

2 hours ago, 2Far said:

One of the great things about the apartment complex I'm in is two big workout rooms, mostly with treadmills and weights.  But they're still closed!

So I ordered a set of 4-foot-long resistance bands (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 lb, can be used in combinations up to 150 lb) with handles, door and ankle attachments so I can gently work some long-dormant muscles back into shape. They arrive Thurs. or Fri. These were among the more expensive ones on Amazon, but also the ones with most unanimous "don't break" reviews and a 5-star rating based on thousands of reviews over the past few years.  There are others as much as $25 cheaper but with "it broke" reviews or 3 5-star reviews all dated the same date with no "Verified Purchase" mark and I didn't want to take a chance.  The bodyLastics ones I lost in the fire are not in stock anywhere, but these are fine - I downloaded dozens of the bodyLastics workout videos during the 6-months use period that came with them.

image.thumb.png.aec3893c7c4382df8fbe1e772106212f.png

Having been in good shape into my early 50's when I coached crosscountry and ran with the teenagers, when I began a workout schedule in the past in my 60's, I idiotically acted like I was still a young guy and that I wasn't so much out of shape.  The bodylastics videos are good for making sure I don't overdo it before I get back in shape and I can work with them in real time.  I'll do the two sets of 12 Cardiolite Workouts, then the three "Launchpad" sets that should get me to where I want to be, and maybe add in some of the shoulder exercises - my shoulders get cramped very easily these days.

2049583398_CCLPOD1-2Description.thumb.JPG.82f28c71d3e46229b33df884458a6ce3.JPG

Week 5:

543504402_CL-13-24allsameexcepttime.JPG.e6c5087d42f3c126432d3a03e33120b3.JPG

492778658_CCLPOD2Schedule.thumb.JPG.975b4a1fe50892e5fda1e0f36fc7abe3.JPG

Weeks 9-12 (Launchpad Stage 1), 13-16 (Launchpad Stage 2), 17-20 (Launchpad Stage 3):

This guy led by the trainer is shaped a lot like me, so that's encouraging!

733937304_LP301-12allepisodessameexcepttime.JPG.f0992d705bac6d41e3251e41da58bbab.JPG

2040116136_LP3Info.thumb.JPG.d32508f120b55003ec30ad2ab25ea56e.JPG

515610041_Lauchpad3schedule.thumb.JPG.f9eabc283b56f8e5bed07e0909c4858e.JPG

5 minutes ago, roadsue said:

How’d the workout go, @2Far
I miss my dumbbells! 

Yeah, pretty good. Walked a mile to get warmed up; dropped 30% of the weight off the machines & added a few more reps; did my stretches & the old PTs from my hip surgery; and my low-speed agility drills.

11 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Yeah, pretty good. Walked a mile to get warmed up; dropped 30% of the weight off the machines & added a few more reps; did my stretches & the old PTs from my hip surgery; and my low-speed agility drills.

So, you got some resistance and agility. Very cool. Keeping it balanced. Did you do any at home resistance work while everything was locked down?