DH will like this

Gump

I suspect you're already ahead of me on this, but I would like to suggest:

Waterproofing the outside and top to reduce moisture infiltration through the concrete, installing a drainage line around the base of the cellar to daylight (even though it looks like you've got a gravel base and trench), and providing a purge fan to run before you go into root cellar so you don't run into a situation where the space in the cellar - for some reason - has become low in oxygen. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Waterproofing the outside and top to reduce moisture infiltration through the concrete, installing a drainage line around the base of the cellar to daylight (even though it looks like you've got a gravel base and trench), and providing a purge fan to run before you go into root cellar so you don't run into a situation where the space in the cellar - for some reason - has become low in oxygen. 

Is this one of your serious recommendations?  I am used to you giving us detailed lists of things we should not do and how to best do the things we should not do.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

If it were one of my not serious recommendations, then I'd certainly not let you know the things you should not do and not include some suggestions on how not to do them! 

Does that not help in not making clear what I did not say?

;)

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Sealed and drain tile installed before I backfillrd. It has two 4” vents. One for venting and one for intake.

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, sharr spice said:

Is this one of your serious recommendations? 

I'm sure it was...

@Gump so you have an OSHA approved confined space training plan ready before you enter the space?    ;)

By the way...  back in the late 50s... these were called bomb shelters.    

• Heart 2

• 2 weeks later...