The end of an era

maddmaxx

With claims of battery-powered supercars by Dodge in 2024, this final piston-powered Demon will be available at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $96,666, with ordering beginning on March 27, 2023. Ordering will close on May 15, 2023.

1045 hp on E85 fuel.  0 to 60 in 1.66 seconds and street drivable.  Get yours now.  They're going fast.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

With claims of battery-powered supercars by Dodge in 2024, this final piston-powered Demon will be available at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $96,666, with ordering beginning on March 27, 2023. Ordering will close on May 15, 2023.

1045 hp on E85 fuel.  0 to 60 in 1.66 seconds and street drivable.  Get yours now.  They're going fast.

Gotta get my order in!  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

GM announced the Camaro is done after the '24 model year. The big 3 are going all electric😡 I need to buy one more gas car before I die. I will never drive electric.

It seems like sales killed the Camaro.

The current sixth-generation Camaro, introduced in 2016, has done well on the racetrack, but sales have been tailing off in recent years. When the current generation Camaro came out in 2016, Chevrolet sold 72,705 of them. But by the end of 2021 that number fell almost 70% to 21,893. It rebounded a bit last year to 24,652.

9 hours ago, dinneR said:

The current sixth-generation Camaro, introduced in 2016, has done well on the racetrack, but sales have been tailing off in recent years. When the current generation Camaro came out in 2016, Chevrolet sold 72,705 of them. But by the end of 2021 that number fell almost 70% to 21,893. It rebounded a bit last year to 24,652.

Understand. They ended it once then brought it back. But that company is going electric

11 hours ago, dinneR said:

Camaros in recent years have always suffered from having the Corvette not too far above their price and the Mustang (and then the Dodges) providing other options.  Add in that few folks have a ready reason for a second car like a Camaro when the trend is to more expensive one-vehicle-to-rule-them-all versus having a quiver of vehicles.

When you're out hustled by every Tesla on the road, and you have to spec the heck out of your car to be mildly competitive, it kills their market.

Like the 70's it won't be much longer before the insurance companies shut down this type of car.

That will be $7000 for insurance mr. Jones

I can do that per year for this car

Tha's for 3 months mr. Jones.

Gasp

Those aren't real numbers, but that's why the muscle car wars of the 60's ended.

The NHRA has already banned this car from competing at sanctioned drag strip in showroom forms.  The 2023 version is capable of speeds that require a full roll cage and parachute among other safety features.  I believe you can order the car with a parachute package but the roll cage would have to be aftermarket.

19 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

What could go wrong?

Oh, and here.  Hold my beer.

;)

I agree.  IMO these cars exceed the driver skill set of many who would buy one.  If I were a dealer I'd want the full price in cash lest the estate of the purchaser was unable to pay.