In 2 weeks

az_cyclist

4 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

I will ride the Spring Solvang Double Century.

I was pretty sure when I rode it in 2022 it would be the last CTC double that I would ride, but, here we go again.

Aren't you retired? What else do you have to do with your time? :dontknow:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Have a good ride..as long as it's fun..you stop when it stops being fun :nodhead:

Fun is an interesting way to put it. Enjoying the experience ,and a successful ride , is more accurate.  My son and I do intend to ride Tour de Tonka again this year.  I wonder if there was beer at the last sag, 90 miles into the century?  I have been told if they have a polka band, there has to be beer.  Not sure if that is a state law or local rule....

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

I will ride the Spring Solvang Double Century.

I was pretty sure when I rode it in 2022 it would be the last CTC double that I would ride, but, here we go again.

The problem with riding 70 miles a day is that when you tell me you are going to ride 200, I don't get particularly excited.  My money is on you.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Which bike will you use? I notice it seems like you ride the Richey most of the time lately.

I will ride the new Trek Domane.  The Ritchey is only a couple of pounds heavier, but it has become my training bike.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 3/8/2024 at 10:59 AM, Razors Edge said:

Aren't you retired? What else do you have to do with your time? :dontknow:

But that almost seems like it was his job!  Reminds me of the fact that a dog can’t sleep on its day off, because that is his job!  

To me riding 200k is on about a par with going to the moon. :D

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Ralphie said:

But that almost seems like it was his job!  Reminds me of the fact that a dog can’t sleep on its day off, because that is his job!  

To me riding 200k is on about a par with going to the moon. :D

My weekly rides are a reflection of the training for long distance rides.  When I stepped away from double centuries 2 years ago, I still wanted to maintain a level of fitness that I could ride them again if I wanted.   That and the fact that level of training means I could enjoy a century or 200K ride.