The kolombo hack - check your banks

12string

Coincidence?

I just got a notice that my credit card account is locked - too many login attempts.

The hack did seem to list some places where some of us live.  I didn't click any of the posts, my parody title was a C&P of the title only

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

Coincidence?

I just got a notice that my credit card account is locked - too many login attempts.

The hack did seem to list some places where some of us live.  I didn't click any of the posts, my parody title was a C&P of the title only

I told a great joke in that post, too.  :(

I had a lockout because of too many login attempts, 3 I think - I forgot I had changed the password - to Broadridge, the company that administers the General Mills Dividend ReInvestment Plan I'm in where I automatically buy $50/month in fractional shares at no fee and check about once a month for the new share total or how many shares my reinvested dividends got.

I called them and the phone receptionist took my off lockout and walked me through doing a new password and logging-in.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I forgot I had changed the password

This has happened to me. After attempt 1:dontknow: attempt 2 :scratchhead: attempt 3:runcirclsmiley: Then :facepalm:

I have a root password, in which I have variations of it w/ symbols & such.  Sometimes I forget which variant I use. I always get worried when 2 attempts don't work, but then I stop & think why.