A Home Fit For A King!

Razors Edge

...like @Allen

Nearly two decades in the making, the resulting Lake Placid house has flying buttresses, intricate ironwork, hand-cut stone walls and bronze windows and doors. Now, Barile, 64, and his wife, Pat Barile, 59, are putting the roughly 70-acre property on the market for $28.5 million. If it sells for close to its asking price, the estate will set a record for the priciest home ever sold in the Lake Placid area. The current record is held by an adjacent ranch that sold for $13 million in 2005, he said.

Located beneath the Southern Adirondack High Peaks, the property skirts the west branch of the Ausable River, and includes a small brook with trout and a 5-acre private pond with a waterfall. Joe said he purchased the property for $5 million in 2007 from the estate of inventor George Holley, the late car-carburetor manufacturer. The Bariles demolished an existing home and spent seven years on the initial construction, moving into the new house in 2015. 

im-939828?width=1260&size=2.310469314079

im-939622?width=1260&size=1.500586166471

...and who needs solar why you have HYDRO power, Baby!

im-939620?width=1260&size=1.500586166471

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Having your own vault would be badass.  Keep your liquor and guns locked up tight!  There was a restaurant in Plano back in the day that was owned by my friend's parents.  It was called the Safecracker.  I believe you could sit in the old vault and have dinner or drinks.   I take that back.  Just found an old matchbook.  The salad bar was in the old vault.

Vintage Matchbook, The Safecracker Restaurant, Plano, TX-Unused - Picture 1 of 1

Just now, jsharr said:

Having your own vault would be badass.  Keep your liquor and guns locked up tight!  There was a restaurant in Plano back in the day that was owned by my friend's parents.  It was called the Safecracker.  I believe you could sit in the old vault and have dinner or drinks.  

There is a restaurant in Monticello, Ga that is in an old bank.  The vault room is wallpapered in Confederate money.

I really like the idea of living in a bank.  It's solid. 

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

Methinks there needs to be a front foyer when person steps inside ...maybe done with different flooring. The sudden entrance dumps the person into the home feels kinda messy. I'm sure a nice clothes rack of some sort on side / tiny sitting bench.  Wonder what upstairs looks like.  Would be good to check air conditioning system too if a solid "old" bldg.