Being sober all the time is not as much fun as you'd think

Randomguy

I am on five days with no alcohol or edibles, and I miss them.  Not that I was over-indulging or anything, I just didn't want to have anything slow down the processing of this whole breakup thing.

I will have beer tonight, though, she is coming over this evening to pick up more of her things.  I will have to do something whilst she does that, so I will head to the pub.  She has a key, so she can let herself in.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

23 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am on five days with no alcohol or edibles, and I miss them.  Not that I was over-indulging or anything, I just didn't want to have anything slow down the processing of this whole breakup thing.

I will have beer tonight, though, she is coming over this evening to pick up more of her things.  I will have to do something whilst she does that, so I will head to the pub.  She has a key, so she can let herself in.

How about a nice small sandwich or something for dinner at pub?  

• Heart 1

I seldom drink now.  I will go buy a quart or two of bloody mary mix and have those over the course of a weekend, but not drink at all during the week.  I bought some real Coke with sugar for rum and coke, but they have just sat on the bar untouched for weeks now.   Edibles are not in my wheelhouse, but if you left a pack of jelly beans or Reeses Pieces out, I would steal them.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Are you clenching it or whatever in your sleep?

I wear a mouth guard for that reason...I think it went off kilter when I was only able to use 1 hand to remove ...actually I probably should still only use 1 hand..but I guide it with my repaired one.

• Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I wear a mouth guard for that reason...I think it went off kilter when I was only able to use 1 hand to remove ...actually I probably should still only use 1 hand..but I guide it with my repaired one.

How long have you had to deal with this problem to wear mouth guard?

I got pretty drunk the night I went to the dive bar in Wylie.  That was fun.  I was flirting with a biker chick who could probably kick my ass.  Her boyfriend was cool and not threatened.  The flirting was really more just talking about life and stuff,  

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

I was at the LGS the other day and grabbed a six pack of Modelo. WOChrisL says, you know you are just buying that for Ryan… Shit your right… I drink maybe a beer a quarter these days but buy a six pack every two weeks.  My son is going to have to buy his own beer now! 😂

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I was at the LGS the other day and grabbed a six pack of Modelo. WOChrisL says, you know you are just buying that for Ryan… Shit your right… I drink maybe a beer a quarter these days but buy a six pack every two weeks.  My son is going to have to buy his own beer now! 😂

When I lived with the quarrelsome ex and bought beer, I would have to hide it if I wanted to have it later in the week, she'd go through three a night.  It was pretty weird.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Dottleshead said:

I haven’t had a drink in almost 7 years. I don’t miss it. Once in awhile I think it’d be fun but when I think it through it’s an easy decision. Hecka lot cheaper too.

Dude, I don’t know how you haven’t died from dehydration yet

• Haha 1