New Work Laptop Day!

Razors Edge

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Then the PITA migration of old to new, and making sure the software is all properly installed and connected. :dontknow:  We shall see!

I hated those days.  Configuration of all the software, etc... wasn't much fun.

Sometimes a few days later I'd notice software that I needed but seldom used was missing  :angry:

I'm keeping my old W10 laptop as long as possible. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I'm keeping my old W10 laptop as long as possible. 

We've been on 11 for a while and I can't say it is any worse than 10.  For a work machine, it is essentially a ton of MS apps and then a few non-MS apps, so it really isn't having to do much heavy lifting anymore.  

I kept things simple, too by just making stuff still look like the old Win 10 desktop, so not too huge a lift changing from one to the other.

Of course, for the new laptop, like you, stuff will disappear or move and I'll have to figure that out for the less used tools.  And MS will reassign open actions to "open with <MS product> by default" which I have ranted about before. There is NO REASON anyone with something like Adobe Acrobat installed wants .pdf files to open by default with Edge.  Just stupid. :angry:

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

And MS will reassign open actions to "open with <MS product> by default" which I have ranted about before. There is NO REASON anyone with something like Adobe Acrobat installed wants .pdf files to open by default with Edge.  Just stupid. :angry:

Yeah... I agree 

I got a free laptop last week.  A vendor wanted us to have a free Lenovo to demo.  It came and was immediately needed for one of our developers who had been required to use a customer's laptop until that project ended.  What great timing 

• Like 1

FedEd window was until 8pm last night (signature required).  I took the dog for a walk at 4:30. No FedEx. I went for a bike ride at 5:00 - no FedEx.  Got an email (I was on my bike, so didn't see it) that they were "delayed" at 5:30pm.  Got home around 7 and FedEx left a sticker "sorry we missed you" nonsense.  Having seen the FedEx truck in the hood at noon yesterday, maybe that's the truck they'll put it on today instead of the graveyard shift one.