This would be fun to make

Road Runner

7 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

I did that exact thing for my grandsons thinking they would like it. or at least be amused. They just complained that I ruined the hot dogs. 

Kids. :angry:

The way I cook would be a real struggle if i had kids to feed.  I can see myself creating something unique and beautiful only to have them get grossed out.  

I think that children have a very sensitive palate that dulls as we age. Which explains why kids are so picky.

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

The way I cook would be a real struggle if i had kids to feed.  I can see myself creating something unique and beautiful only to have them get grossed out.  

I think that children have a very sensitive palate that dulls as we age. Which explains why kids are so picky.

My experience with my own son, and various foster kids we housed does not bear this out. They were not at all picky, and my son's 9 year old daughter will eat everything in sight.

My grandsons are my step daughter's boys, and not genetically connected to me. Never seen more picky eaters.

17 hours ago, roadsue said:

My mom used to put hot dogs into creamed corn. It was one of my favorites, but mr would have none of it when I tried to serve it to him.  I don't think he'd appreciate the clever fun of spaghetti and hot dogs, regardless of sauce.

You should serve it to him when he pisses you off.