Who knew picking up mail could be such fun.

tybeegb

Not.  The Tybee post office suffered some kind of roof damage during the hurricane.  Looks like some shingles are missing, but nothing major that can be seen from the highway.  Anyway, for the next month they say we have to go to Wilmington Island's post office to pick up our mail.  I had heard stories about the wait time there.  The first time I went it was projected to be a three hour wait in line for one window so I left.  Yesterday I bit the bullet and got in line.  It was a projected 2.5 hour wait, which turned out to be right on the money.  And I was one of the younger ones in the line as a lot of the people were older ladies who had many other solutions to the mail delivery problem that they were sharing with everyone else during those 2.5 hours. 

We had LOTS of mail.  The problem is I had to order a part for the riding lawn mower that will be here Friday, so I will be standing in line again for 2.5 hours to get that so I can finish cleaning up the yard.  :angry:

38 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

The problem is I had to order a part for the riding lawn mower that will be here Friday, so I will be standing in line again for 2.5 hours to get that

That's what you think now but let me explain reality.  You will go there on Friday but the part will be delayed by a day. Sooooo you will return on Saturday but, because of other errands and some traffic backup, you will get there at 10:00 am and after standing in line for 2 hours they will shut down at the Postal Union agreed upon time of noon (you being left there with 3 people standing in front of you).  You will return on Monday for another 2.5 hour wait to finally get your part.

Don't you hate reality....

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, tybeegb said:

The problem is I had to order a part for the riding lawn mower that will be here Friday, so I will be standing in line again for 2.5 hours to get that so I can finish cleaning up the yard.  :angry:

I would think the extra cost to get the part delivered to your home would be worth it.  The FedEx or UPS option would get my bill.

Well, a lot of times, and probably on a whim, both FedEx and UPS will drop off deliveries at the post office instead of delivering them to the home, especially small items like this solenoid.  Although I need the part, I am not willing to pay three times what the part cost to have it overnighted.  I can wait.  Oh.  That's what I'll be doing, so that's a good thing.  :runcirclsmiley:

4 hours ago, tybeegb said:

Well, a lot of times, and probably on a whim, both FedEx and UPS will drop off deliveries at the post office instead of delivering them to the home, especially small items like this solenoid.  Although I need the part, I am not willing to pay three times what the part cost to have it overnighted.  I can wait.  Oh.  That's what I'll be doing, so that's a good thing.  :runcirclsmiley:

Well, at least the beer fridge  is working.