Is there any way to improve your posture?

Randomguy

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

STAND UP STRAIGHT

I will take that advice!

I read something about some scam called the "Alexander Technique" for neck/back pain, does this work?  My neck hurts and I scrunch my shoulders continuously, and I don't want to.  I can marginally improve my posture with yogurt, but that doesn't seem to last long when all you do is sit and hunch.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I will take that advice!

I read something about some scam called the "Alexander Technique" for neck/back pain, does this work?  My neck hurts and I scrunch my shoulders continuously, and I don't want to.  I can marginally improve my posture with yogurt, but that doesn't seem to last long when all you do is sit and hunch.

I just assumed you had mole genes but was polite enough not to say anything... :)  

But realistically, the best thing for my neck and back has been recent core work.  One exercise is lying on the floor and tipping your hips so the small of your back is touching the floor.  Hold it for a minute and repeat several times a day until it becomes a habit. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

But realistically, the best thing for my neck and back has been recent core work.  One exercise is lying on the floor and tipping your hips so the small of your back is touching the floor.  Hold it for a minute and repeat several times a day until it becomes a habit. 

Image result for pig yoga

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

That is almost exactly the same position given to me by my sports med doctor for my back trouble.  Mine is a more passive exercise however to relax the back.  I use a chair to put my legs up and over so it looks like i'm in the sitting position while laying on the floor.  It straightens the spine and relaxes muscles that are prone to going into spasm.

• Heart 2