College Football Outlook for 2019/2020?

Razors Edge

Just now, jsharr said:

The Aggies will never live up to that #11 ranking.  They lost too many starters on defense.  

I'm not sure why the Huskies are even ranked so high.  They are in the same boat.  They lost a lot of starters on defense as well -- as well as a 4 year starting QB.  

I was just kidding on the Texas teams -- mainly.

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

I'm not sure why the Huskies are even ranked so high.  They are in the same boat.  They lost a lot of starters on defense as well -- as well as a 4 year starting QB.  

You shouldnt.  A high pre season ranking is a curse.  I would rather be snubbed than ranked.  Rank, like respect, is earned.

And Texas University has been doing less with more for decades now.  I do not expect that to change this year.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

You shouldnt.  A high pre season ranking is a curse.  I would rather be snubbed than ranked.  Rank, like respect, is earned.

And Texas University has been doing less with more for decades now.  I do not expect that to change this year.

I'm not sure why the Longhorns even made it?  I was surprised.

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

I'm not sure why the Longhorns even made it?  I was surprised.

Sort of like the SEC fan boiz, the teasips have this image of greatness that they some how cling to year after year.  They must serve better cigars and liquor at their press conferences or something.  

I know back in the day there was a group called Akers Angels that was rumored to make new athletes visits to campus "special" 

32 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Would you like to trade Huskies?  Just the football, not the basketball.  The basketball is going back to the big east.

39 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Apples and oranges.  Big 10 never seems to live up to the hype it gets -- in football anyway.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  The Pac-10 isn't even in the conversation -- so there's that.

The reason for my 'Yawn'  Maybe it should be 'YAWN'

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:
43 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Apples and oranges.  Big 10 never seems to live up to the hype it gets -- in football anyway.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  The Pac-10 isn't even in the conversation -- so there's that.

The reason for my 'Yawn'  Maybe it should be 'YAWN' 

Well, regardless of "National Championship" aspirations, you two can prattle on about who might win their conference instead? Someone HAS to win the Pac10 and the Big10, so you can have that excitement.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Well, regardless of "National Championship" aspirations, you two can prattle on about who might win their conference instead? Someone HAS to win the Pac10 and the Big10, so you can have that excitement.

I do like the Huskies chances. Watch out for Utah and Leach and the Cougs will be interesting. Also, Oregon returns a lot.

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I do like the Huskies chances. Watch out for Utah and Leach and the Cougs will be interesting. Also, Oregon returns a lot.

Exactly, someone has to win the Pac12.  Although, now that I look at it, it will surely be a California school.

47 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe you guys can help me with this, but it looks like the Past decade or so have all been high ranked pre-season and eventual winners.  What am I missing? Florida State?  Did they sneak up the ladder?

image.thumb.png.a343ccd57818b5fef62b7ae8fa42f820.png

Being ranked #1 is a bit of a curse.

• You get everybody's A-game, from ULM to Clemson.
  • Extra criticism when they blow out a much lower opponent and extra criticism when they don't.
  • You have to battle the psychology of the players believing it's some kind of right-to-win. That teams will lay down in front of the Almighty #1 TEAM In. The. Nation!
  • You have to battle the wordsmith's fawning and blowharding. Saban's so called "Rat Poison"
  • The inevitable argument that a college team can beat the worst NFL team. FYI: They can't.
  • Yada, yada, yada

All that matter's for the top teams, is who is #1 after the championship game.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Why do they Spartans not start playing until January?  All the good teams start in a couple of weeks.

I see three losses for them by Oct 26th.  So, I assume, the play is their winter break vacation home? To play some xbox?

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I think we are way over rated.   I hope I am wrong.  I probably am not. 

Looking at the schedule, they have between 2-4 likely losses on there.  A 11-3 record (2 reg season losses, a SEC champ loss, and a bowl win) puts you solidly in the top 10 at the end of the season.  A 9-4 record is still top 25.

image.png.66739064daab52ee828a7091031e893f.png