Acting Criminal

Dottleshead

43 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You’re playing with your wife’s ex’s battery powered toy while you have your friend’s big drill ready when you need something more powerful? 

Ok, carry on.

My friend is extremely anal about his tools. I finally told him I am going to use it and destroy it.

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

I'd say just take it easy and keep at it. Even with a smaller bit, drill until there isn't anything left to drill.

VmG3zQNr-4OQxpxBALBi3DQTMReHhfp2uwLZL8lo

Use a drill that is equal to the inside diameter of the threaded section of the lock barrel.  Problem solved.

Suggestion #2.  Using an angle grinder, grind off the front of the lock and then simply push the remainder of the lock barrel into the box - Problem solved. 

Question - Will this eventually take as long to complete as the building of the deck?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Use a drill that is equal to the inside diameter of the threaded section of the lock barrel.  Problem solved.

Suggestion #2.  Using an angle grinder, grind off the front of the lock and then simply push the remainder of the lock barrel into the box - Problem solved. 

Question - Will this eventually take as long to complete as the building of the deck?

It took 2 days working at night in the rain with improper tools or about 4 hours total of real work time. With the right equipment, 30 minutes. 

But keep talking Kazabooboo. I still aspire to be you.

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

My drill is battery operated. I only get so many minutes of operation. My friend's drill is not. I'm just hoping I have enough electrical extension to make it to the mailboxes which is a ways from my power outlet.

you said it's raining, why not just wait for it to rust away?

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

33 minutes ago, Dottles said:

But keep talking Kazabooboo

You know it.

The electric drill version of - you need a bigger hammer.

BTW this was a perfect opportunity to add a 20V hammer drill to your arsenal.  "Yes dear, I need the new drill to get the job done" 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You know it.

The electric drill version of - you need a bigger hammer.

BTW this was a perfect opportunity to add a 20V hammer drill to your arsenal.  "Yes dear, I need the new drill to get the job done" 

My friend almost had a heart attack when I when I told him I used his drill. The guy is very possessive when it comes to his tools. Gear head.

27 minutes ago, Dottles said:

The final thing I have to say is that lock is tough. You can't break into it with a portable drill unless you have a couple hours. Thieves are lazy and take the easy path.

Why would they drill the lock when a sledgehammer would shred the box?

Around here thieves will back up to an ATM in a brick wall, weld a chain to it and drag it home.