4/18 miles & such

bikeman564™

54° and windy at camp. Ride the fattie in a different direction on the camp road. Usual direction was pure slop. Other direction was some slop and some decent. 6.23 miles. Very tough miles for someone not in biking shape and riding last 3/4 mile into a hearty headwind.

• Heart 3

28.5 @ 16.1. 75 and windy. Wind was from the SW so it was always a crossing wind. Never could tell how much was me and how much was the wind...good and bad. 

Also hauled out a pickup load of fallen branches and push mowed our 1/2 acre yard. I love the pissed off look from the other guys when I can pull into the transfer station, drop my tailgate and unload all the branches in one motion then drive away while they are still unloading. It’s all in how you load it. 

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, Scofflaw said:

I don't understand why you wear the mask while riding. I see pics of others doing it too, but I honestly don't understand why.

Nice mileage!

I am in SoCal cycling groups in FB, and masks were recently made mandatory for all outside activity.  I had noticed some cyclists wearing masks before in Phoenix.  I decided to try out a mask, mainly in case they become mandatory in AZ.  For cycling (or anything else for that matter) it will only really come into play if you are passing others, or being passed, and I am infected.  

• Heart 1