Cat keepers, a question

Further

Chubbs is snuffling and sneezing, sleeping even more than normal, definitely not feeling very good.

Wife called a vet and they told her to give him a few drops of children's Benadrill, all I could find was cherry flavor. Chubbs doesn't like cherry, getting the drops into him is proving difficult

Any suggestions on getting the drops into him or treating the sneezing ?

Just now, Bikeguy said:

Can't you add the drops to something the cat will want to eat?

I put a few drops on his food. I got scorn heaped upon me. He is a very picky eater for such a fat cat. The only thing other than his normal dry food I've seen him eat is tuna. He ignored cod  :wacko:

The only way I can get my cat to take anything is if I can mix it into their food.  I've tried giving them pills and it doesn't work out well for either of us.   The kitty burrito that smudge recommended is what my vet suggests, but it's not easy.

1 hour ago, Zackny said:

I think was cats you’re supposed to give that rectally 

Now the cost of Benadrill will probably go up.  They will now need to spend millions trying to explain that the drug was never intended to be administered rectally.  There will be law suits, and more disclaimers about the indented use of the drug. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

Sometimes a cat will consume something while cleaning a contaminant off of their fur. This is like mix the medicine with butter and put it on their wrist.

I personally wouldn't bother with antihistamine for a cat. 

I used to give my cat his furball medicine by slathering the paste on his paw.  He loved it.

10 hours ago, Further said:

I put a few drops on his food. I got scorn heaped upon me. He is a very picky eater for such a fat cat. The only thing other than his normal dry food I've seen him eat is tuna. He ignored cod  

Have you dropped it onto wet food?  Wet food is usually crack for cats, so needs to be used sparingly!  My dog, who mainly gets dry food (kibble!), needed to take some medicine, and if it went on the dry food, she had nothing to do with it. Open a can of wet food, and she was all over it - medicine or not.

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Now the cost of Benadrill will probably go up.  They will now need to spend millions trying to explain that the drug was never intended to be administered rectally.  There will be law suits, and more disclaimers about the indented use of the drug. 

Maybe we could do some clinical tests on @Kzoo and @jsharr