Eating ice

Allen

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Needs to be that good ice, like from Sonic.  If you do not have a Sonic near you, you need to move.  Or open a Sonic franchise.

Sonic the fast food joint?  Yeah, I like their iced coffees.  If not, then I'm a dumbass in the manufacturing iced arenas.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Sonic the fast food joint?  Yeah, I like their iced coffees.  If not, then I'm a dumbass in the manufacturing iced arenas.

They use extruded ice. Specialized for eating. I’m also a fan of Wendy’s lenticular ice. It has a satisfying crunch without being too hard. Gourmet ice, the perfectly clear chunk stuff, is the worst for eating. Too hard, too big too.  It’s only fit for watering down scotch.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Doctors use the term "pica" to describe craving and chewing substances that have no nutritional value — such as ice, clay, soil or paper. Craving and chewing ice(pagophagia) is often associated with iron deficiency, with or without anemia, although the reason is unclear.

49 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Doctors use the term "pica" to describe craving and chewing substances that have no nutritional value — such as ice, clay, soil or paper. Craving and chewing ice(pagophagia) is often associated with iron deficiency, with or without anemia, although the reason is unclear.

I think the key word here is craving, and not sure how many here have a 'craving' rather than just enjoy ice with and after a drink.

• Heart 1