He lost the love of his life

Prophet Zacharia

And still gets charged with a crime.

A Virginia man believed to be an 'incel' accidentally blew his own hand off bomb authorities say was meant to target women. 

WHBQ reported that 23-year-old Cole Alexander Carini was arrested and charged with one count of lying to federal agents Thursday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia. 

According to a release from U.S. Attorney Thomas T. Cullen, the 23-year-old showed up to a Richlands health clinic on Wednesday, suffering from severe injuries to his hands and fingers. One of his hands was completely missing, and several of his fingers were gone.

• Sad 2

I read that the other day, freaking stupid...

A good friend lost most of his right hand F’ing around with fireworks as a kid. The Drs removed a toe and attached it to his hand as a thumb so he has a “thumb” & 2 fingers left with the index & middle finger gone.  He also has gnarly scars on his torso where it got him.  He was lucky to have survived.

It reminds me of NFL defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul blowing up part of his right hand with fireworks.

I know pianists who are VERY careful of what they do that involves fingers, but athletes don't seem as careful.  When Dave Johnson was playing 2nd base for the Orioles in the 60's and 70's, his contract forbid him from his hobby, sky diving, with a big enough fine to keep him from doing it.

• Heart 1