California's Cyclists CONTINUE To Disappoint Me

Razors Edge

Yesterday's 30 mile ride out to the coast, where, along with passing dozens of other singles and duo riders, I rode with a group of 10+ roadies for a stretch and later passed a dude in full team kit.

Here's my fly-by with NONE of them sharing their rides.  WTF Californians??????  Too cool to show your ride stats and routes???  Dopey. Just dopey.

image.png.ebd6c4bd9908c6a1e01932adfceeb5c2.png

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Yesterday's 30 mile ride out to the coast, where, along with passing dozens of other singles and duo riders, I rode with a group of 10+ roadies for a stretch and later passed a dude in full team kit.

Here's my fly-by with NONE of them sharing their rides.  WTF Californians??????  Too cool to show your ride stats and routes???  Dopey. Just dopey.

image.png.ebd6c4bd9908c6a1e01932adfceeb5c2.png

Maybe they're all on the real Strava app.  Yours appears to be a buggy knock off, as evidenced by it listing you as an "athlete"

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

people probably don't know aboot the privacy change

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Is Beanz on Strava? You should get together with him. He will make you a movie star.

He has to be.  He's up the coast a bit, but if I ever get up to his favorite climb - GMR - I'll definitely look for him and say high and make a cameo appearance.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Maybe they're all on the real Strava app.  Yours appears to be a buggy knock off, as evidenced by it listing you as an "athlete"

You can "buy" that distinction!  Just pay Da Man and you get that plus this cool orange thing:

image.png.bb2462400cebd081dcd5cfdf41929c17.png

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

No masks in CA?

Yeah masks are still required in stores & such but it’s a little lax with cycling groups.  Truth be told I ride with a friend once a week and we don’t wear masks.  We do social distance before & after,  fist bump, no bro hugs or such.