bikeman564™

53 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Questioning a long way from being arrested. Unless intentional she should be free. 

You can't fix stupid! If she does not pay some type of price through the legal system, more 'stupid' people will continue to impact the race and cyclists in a very negative way. Needless to say, better crowd control is needed.

• Heart 2

All the reports I've read say the cyclist hit the sign and that caused the crash.  Well, he did hit the sign, but that's not what caused the crash.  If you watch the video you can see the cyclist also hit the woman's arm and the effect of the impact on the woman, spinning her around.  If it had only been cardboard I doubt anything would have happened.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

All the reports I've read say the cyclist hit the sign and that caused the crash.  Well, he did hit the sign, but that's not what caused the crash.  If you watch the video you can see the cyclist also hit the woman's arm and the effect of the impact on the woman, spinning her around.  If it had only been cardboard I doubt anything would have happened.

I agree but do you recall when a sign hit a rider in the finishing sprint some years ago slicing his arm open?  I want to say it was Thor Hushovd but it could have been someone else.

Anyway a cardboard sign hitting a rider at 30+ MPH can still do some damage.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I have been amazed for years that they allow people to crowd the road like they do. It looks horribly dangerous. Especially on the mountains when they just aboot totally engulf the road. 

I wonder how many how many gendarmes it would take to cover both sides of the road in a 150 mile stage, standing finger tip to finger tip holding the crowd back?  Then I realize that it's more important to contemplate the amount of transport it would take to move them all to tomorrows location overnight.