Hopefully, the ads will slow down after today

Road Runner

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

All the Medicare supplemental insurance crap.  December the 7th is the deadline to make changes.  :)

I saw a great one asking, "Did your children eat baby food? If so, you might be..."

Damn, I might get my mom to call the number!

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I saw a great one asking, "Did your children eat baby food? If so, you might be..."

Damn, I might get my mom to call the number!

The Camp Lejeune lawsuit and the Medicare insurance make up about 50% of all ads here on commercial TV.  Probably 1/4 of all the Camp Lejeune settlement money is going to be spent on the hundreds of various law firm ads.

5 hours ago, Road Runner said:

All the Medicare supplemental insurance crap.  December the 7th is the deadline to make changes.  :)

If I had to make sense and sift through all the lies in the Medicare Advantage/Supplemental commercials, it would drive me crazy.

Fortunately for me, 75% subsidized, excellent BCBS Medicare Supplemental with prescription, dental, and vision coverage comes with my pension. I pay $170/month for it.  I only have to notify them each October if I want to change any options.  Fortunately I have no deductibles and small copays. My insulin in expensive - in the thousands each quarter - but I pay $0: some paid by Medicare, some paid by BCBS.  That and other reasons are why I'm changing nothing.

I guess we're done seeing Joe Namath saying, "I have no medical training and was a Phys. Ed. major at Alabama, but I want to tell you to get this Medicare Advantage package even though I have no clue how it compares with anything else and have retirement health insurance through the NFL that beats the hell out of this."

• Haha 1