Do you carry a pocket knife?

Chris...

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

In the military, yes.  Nowadays, when outdoors, not a daily carry in town though.

In town is tough. Occasionally get caught by metal detector. When entering Kennedy Space Center, wife save place in line as I hoofed it back to the car. Another time was going to an office that was physically in the court house building. Greeted with metal detector screening at building entrance. Backtracked and rather than go all the way back to car found a nice place to stash in the landscaping and retrieve later. Only time had one confiscated was at airport TSA. It was one of those keychain knives with a flimsy 1” blade that would break on anything stronger than opening a paper envelope.

Back home from concert last night, as noted couldn't just pull the knife out in the audience.

Benchmade Bugout Mini. The Mini with a 2.82" blade, 1/2" smaller than standard Bugout was a better fit with less bulk for pocket carry.

Also, the classic Swiss Army Knife, but usually just stays in car "to be available as needed" for misc tasks.

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

2 hours ago, Tizeye said:

In town is tough. Occasionally get caught by metal detector. When entering Kennedy Space Center, wife save place in line as I hoofed it back to the car. Another time was going to an office that was physically in the court house building. Greeted with metal detector screening at building entrance. Backtracked and rather than go all the way back to car found a nice place to stash in the landscaping and retrieve later. Only time had one confiscated was at airport TSA. It was one of those keychain knives with a flimsy 1” blade that would break on anything stronger than opening a paper envelope.

My daughter had one confiscated by TSA last year. It was one that I bought her. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tizeye said:

I keep a P38 tool on my keychain. My eldest brother gave it to me in 1984 when I enlisted, he said it was one of his few souvenirs from the Nam. (Used to open C Rat cans).

I had to go to court once and the security screener said I couldn’t take the P38 in.  He said just give it to me, I’ll hold it for you.  Yeah no, I’ll put it in my car please give me my keys back. Sir, look at that line, do you really want to stand in that line, you may miss the hearing.  Yes…

I take it off my keychain when flying but it’s been with me nearly every day for 40 years. 
IMG_1660.thumb.jpeg.4f6ad9fc523656bc994071c57b8e9ea6.jpeg

• Awesome 2

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I keep a P38 tool on my keychain. My eldest brother gave it to me in 1984 when I enlisted, he said it was one of his few souvenirs from the Nam. (Used to open C Rat cans).

I had to go to court once and the security screener said I couldn’t take the P38 in.  He said just give it to me, I’ll hold it for you.  Yeah no, I’ll put it in my car please give me my keys back. Sir, look at that line, do you really want to stand in that line, you may miss the hearing.  Yes…

I take it off my keychain when flying but it’s been with me nearly every day for 40 years. 
IMG_1660.thumb.jpeg.4f6ad9fc523656bc994071c57b8e9ea6.jpeg

We also have them, but not with your sentimental value.

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, KrAzY said:

I don’t carry a knife, I carry a talon. Blade assist open, and easy to close one handed if needed.

This is the o e I keep on me daily, I got three other Typs in my truck at all times.. I honestly don’t think I’ve gone a day without one on me in 20 years. 

IMG_7098.jpeg

Karambit