Vermont

Allen

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I feel Allen will be very judicious in his decision making and will not rush into something stupid like I would.

I agree. I think he's sussing out his options and realizing he has MANY to choose from.  

I look forward to hearing and seeing where he lands!

On 2/18/2024 at 4:42 PM, shootingstar said:

It appears there was a major damaging flood last yr. in Vermont. A ton of info. on the 'Net.

Vermont is 9,616 square miles. The damaging floods you referenced are in a Central Valley where torrential rains flowed down steep slopes and overwhelmed rivers and houses built on those banks. I’m not sure that the Derby area, on the northern border are the same hilly topography. Something for @Allento consider. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

I am not sure I have mentioned that I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and lived here most of my life.    

Like my niece and nephew, and my sister and BIL refused to move once they got there. Change is Good for the soul, even if you have to be a renegade to enjoy it. I know!

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

some may recall we saw damage almost everywhere we went on our trip up last summer.  So much of Vermont is isolated little towns built on the streams and rivers running between mountains and there's nowhere else for the water to go but up.  This was Montpelier.

11flooding-rainfall-new-mhlw-superJumbo.jpg

230711074328-montpelier-vermont-flooding-screengrab.jpg

230711092956-montpelier-vermont-downtown-flooding-screengrab.jpg

Thank you.  I think maybe I do remember now.

On 2/17/2024 at 2:56 PM, Allen said:

I'm looking at Vermont too.

I kinda like Newport/Derby.

Newport is a nice area. I have a friend who lives there. Not too far from the Eastern Townships in Quebec or Rangley Lake in Maine. You’ll have to learn some Canucky talk😁

• Heart 2