Most important announcement news from self to those who really need to know

shootingstar

My life may have less trigger/surprise points  than some folks here, but still surprising news:

• When I decided sell home and move from Toronto to VAncouver to live with dearie  --surprise to family, close friends and work colleagues
  • my concussion accident (conveyed by dearie to my doc.-sister, as primary family contact point.  I was in still ER.)
  • loss of sister (suicide is difficult news.  Less so for loss of father, grand-nephew since both deaths were expected.)
  • loss of dearie 
  • my retirement announcement/date

So I will never be making newborn baby announcement,  nor want  to experience announcing divorce to a spouse or to children.  I hope to be healthy for quite awhile and no shock announcements.  Nice to think of a lottery win, if I ever get around to buying more lottery tickets. ;)

**Maybe I'm underplaying buying my first home or when I finally graduated, done with school.  Both those were drawn-out processes which alot of key loved ones, already knew my journey there.

• Heart 1
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

Oh. I thought you were going to announce some news. :(

32 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Me too.  The bullet points, we are all familiar with. 

I think the takeaway is she's lived a very conservative and insulated life -- certainly little drama.  Now if she was able to do it relatively stress free, she's got something admirable going on.  

55 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

I think the takeaway is she's lived a very conservative and insulated life -- certainly little drama.  Now if she was able to do it relatively stress free, she's got something admirable going on.  

"conservative" is all a matter of perspective. 

But yes, I was never a party gal.  No drugs, and my body can't hold down much alcohol, without visible, less flattering reaction.  If I had tried super hard for latter for long, probably would have been close to poisoning self.

I wish I could fully recover sleeping 7-9 hrs. straight, like I used to, before my sister's death plus other events in following yrs. (13+ yrs. ago. which occurred same time, I accepted a Calgary job while living in Vancouver).  

How about anyone else, on major life events that you had tell to others?

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

How about anyone else, on major life events that you had tell to others?

Prior to my mother dying and my father going down on medicare, I had a difficult time after a car accident 40 years ago that was about as stressful in my mind as it gets. Recently with the realization that I was going to get no help from my father's estate moving forward, it was a big stresser as there was nothing to fall back.  But I think I'm pretty well positioned to at least put food on the table and get decent or better medical care as i age.  I might be living in a shoe box but I'll get to live in that shoe box for a long time.  Ha!  Seriously, the only thing I stress out about now is retirement and finances but recent upturns in the stock market have put me at ease.  It pisses me off I am so tied to it but that's the positioning I'm in.  I hope my advisor knows when to timely shuffle chit around when the market crashes.

• Hugs 1

Sometimes a lack of "announcements" really signals that you are leading a life you enjoy.  In that case, most announcements are from bad news, so that's one case where less is better.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Sometimes a lack of "announcements" really signals that you are leading a life you enjoy.  In that case, most announcements are from bad news, so that's one case where less is better.

I would like to announce that I am down another pound! So some positive announcements 

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2/24/2024 at 11:17 AM, MoseySusan said:

So, that’s what has happened to @donkpow! Hiding in plain sight. 

I accidently clicked this site so I have to answer. Still busy with family members. I am between crises ATM but my responsibilities have expanded to include a sibling.

One a personal note, still pooping in the litter box. So that's good.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I accidently clicked this site so I have to answer. Still busy with family members. I am between crises ATM but my responsibilities have expanded to include a sibling

Caregiver is a tough role at times. I have hearts in my eyes for you. 😍 

• Heart 1