How many avocados...

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Razors Edge,

I eat only half an avocado in 1 sitting. Usually I put it into a sandwich. Yummers.

Clearly someone who buys a bag of ie. 10 avocados is thinking of making guacamole (?)  I knew an employee who would use and spread 1 whole cut-up avocado on toast at work  --several days/wk.   I could NEVER do that.  To me, that's just too much avocado in 1 meal. :huh:

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I eat only half an avocado in 1 sitting. Usually I put it into a sandwich. Yummers.

I don't really like avocados, except in guacamole.  They just don't register as something tasty, just kind of a sneezy green mess of yick that is supposed to be good for you.  They are also ripe for about 5 minutes.

I decided to stop buying them to make gaucamole and just leave that up to the professionals.

dis·cus
/ˈdiskəs/
noun

1. 1.
    a heavy thick-centered disk thrown by an athlete, in ancient Greek games or in modern field events.
    •  

2. 2.
    a small colorful South American freshwater fish with a rounded laterally compressed body, native to South America and popular in aquariums.

dis·cuss
    /dəˈskəs/
    verb

1. talk about (something) with another person or group of people.
      "I discussed the matter with my wife"

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:
dis·cus
/ˈdiskəs/

noun

1. 1.
    a heavy thick-centered disk thrown by an athlete, in ancient Greek games or in modern field events.
    •  

2. 2.
    a small colorful South American freshwater fish with a rounded laterally compressed body, native to South America and popular in aquariums.

dis·cuss
    /dəˈskəs/

verb

1. talk about (something) with another person or group of people.
      "I discussed the matter with my wife"

moran

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:
dis·cus
/ˈdiskəs/

RAMONA, Okla. (AP) — Mykolas Alekna of Lithuania broke a world record in the discus throw that had stood since 1986 on Sunday at the Oklahoma Throws Series competition.

Alekna’s throw of 243 feet, 11 inches (74.35 meters) eclipsed the mark of 243 feet (74.08 meters) set by German athlete Jurgen Schult on June 6, 1986. Alekna’s throw was originally measured at 244-1 (74.41) but later revised, according to World Athletics. The record is subject to ratification.

World Athletics said Schult’s mark, set when he represented East Germany, had been the longest-standing men’s world record in track and field.

The 21-year-old Alekna, a junior at the University of California, is a two-time medalist at the world outdoor championships. He captured a silver medal at the 2022 worlds in Oregon and bronze last summer in Hungary.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

RAMONA, Okla. (AP) — Mykolas Alekna of Lithuania broke a world record in the discus throw that had stood since 1986 on Sunday at the Oklahoma Throws Series competition.

Alekna’s throw of 243 feet, 11 inches (74.35 meters) eclipsed the mark of 243 feet (74.08 meters) set by German athlete Jurgen Schult on June 6, 1986. Alekna’s throw was originally measured at 244-1 (74.41) but later revised, according to World Athletics. The record is subject to ratification.

World Athletics said Schult’s mark, set when he represented East Germany, had been the longest-standing men’s world record in track and field.

The 21-year-old Alekna, a junior at the University of California, is a two-time medalist at the world outdoor championships. He captured a silver medal at the 2022 worlds in Oregon and bronze last summer in Hungary.

Doping?  Definitely doping.

Ok... Oxford English Dictionary in CAnada is used as the starting prime key resource in university by academics (faculty and students)  studying English literature and language.  That is the scholarly source on how words began, developed and where it's used on a particular spelling.

I had to check the dictionary because I do use the spelling for discuss, which now I realize it's probably British:  discuss - Advanced search results in Entries | Oxford English Dictionary (oed.com)

I  never knew until...65 yrs. now. :huh:

image.thumb.png.f10a7f42dc3886d4881828b0adeb2af4.png

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

WOChrisL buys a couple a week. She puts them on salads & such.  I like avocado ok but it gives me an upset stomach if I eat more than 1/2 of one.  

I just find taste of avocado a little rich —healthy nevertheless.  The thought of an avocado shake doesn’t thrill me.

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

When spelling it properly and on purpose, sure. But when writing it here, that's a different story!

A different and altogether painful story, the amount of creative spelling here. I’m so over seeing snot.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

YOU'RE BOTH MARRIED!!!!  Jeebus!!!! You'd have to smother him in his sleep (or clog his cpap machine).

Or just start swimming and give the ocean the final word. :)

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Is Ralphie THAT bad?????  OUCH!

No. It’s THAT bad to appear as the tragically annoyed character in a senseless hypothetical situation featuring two logophiles and an arbitrary limitation on ability to communicate. 

Just drown me now.