Question for the Michigan peeps

Parsnip Totin Jack

well the Southern MI ones anyway.  I'm thinking of visiting your fair state.  Is it safe to drive a vehicle with Ohio plates?  I'm nervous about that.  I want to visit the Henry Ford museum and the truck plant in Dearborn.  Anything else worth a visit on a weekend jaunt?

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

well the Southern MI ones anyway.  I'm thinking of visiting your fair state.  Is it safe to drive a vehicle with Ohio plates?  I'm nervous about that.  I want to visit the Henry Ford museum and the truck plant in Dearborn.  Anything else worth a visit on a weekend jaunt?

We like your money.  Just don't stay too long.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

You're safe, and like Kzoo said, we'll take your money :) The museum will fill a day easily, great place. When you coming into town? I could meet ya for a beer, I'm about 14 miles from Dearborn. Maybe @charlie burgh Bot  or @Mr. Silly too

Don't be nervous, I drive to Columbus OH

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

You're safe, and like Kzoo said, we'll take your money :) The museum will fill a day easily, great place. When you coming into town? I could meet ya for a beer, I'm about 14 miles from Dearborn. Maybe @charlie burgh Bot  or @Mr. Silly too

Don't be nervous, I drive to Columbus OH

I'm not sure of the when yet but I'll let you know when I do. 

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

well the Southern MI ones anyway.  I'm thinking of visiting your fair state.  Is it safe to drive a vehicle with Ohio plates?  I'm nervous about that. 

No. You'll have to watch out for the assholes driving in the left lane and holding up traffic. They usually have Illinois plates so they're easy to spot. Feel free to go 15 or 20 over the posted speed limits, too. It's a courtesy allowed to all Ohio drivers. Also, don't believe anyone that says the west side is the pretty side of the state.

10 hours ago, shotgun said:

No. You'll have to watch out for the assholes driving in the left lane and holding up traffic. They usually have Illinois plates so they're easy to spot. Feel free to go 15 or 20 over the posted speed limits, too. It's a courtesy allowed to all Ohio drivers. Also, don't believe anyone that says the west side is the pretty side of the state.

Hey now...hold up there, Mr. Shotgun. The left lane wanderers and slow pokes have Wisconsin plates. Illinois plates, well we just blast thru Detroit showing those nutcases how to do 90 in a 55, while avoiding potholes and crumbling bridges. Sheesh.

Alpena is kinda nice.

16 hours ago, shotgun said:

Mostly true. I need to go to Michigan and take pictures of that lighthouse.

• Heart 1