These broccoli tots look good

Randomguy

They do look good. Of course, when the video ended, this came up on the choice platter of videos:

I think that I'd rather have the Cinnamon Sugar Butter Braid. Baked goods are my downfall. Ice cream too.... Oh yeah...fried clams are great. hmmm... Cheezeburger with crinkle cut fries and a chocolate shake is a happy meal.

Sorry...but broccoli tots lose out to cinnamon dough and sugar.

• Heart 1

59 minutes ago, Pokey said:

They do look good. Of course, when the video ended, this came up on the choice platter of videos:

I think that I'd rather have the Cinnamon Sugar Butter Braid. Baked goods are my downfall. Ice cream too.... Oh yeah...fried clams are great. hmmm... Cheezeburger with crinkle cut fries and a chocolate shake is a happy meal.

Sorry...but broccoli tots lose out to cinnamon dough and sugar.

HAHA!  That is funny.

• 7 years later...

That looks good.  I'm going to make some for myself in the near future and this would be a great contribution to bring to a family gathering.
I put it in my recipe folder's veggie subfolder as aa docx file like this:

Broccoli Tots: baked not fried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG0GVNN-rm4&t=11s

image.png.47d9b1ea014f49296c85cf7cdccf0c81.png

INGREDIENTS

12 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets

1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced

2 large garlic cloves, finely diced

2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 egg, beaten

2/3 cup breadcrumbs

Salt & Pepper

Optional: 2 tsp sriracha (optional but recommended!)

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 400

Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Aggressively season it with salt. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and finely chop the cooked broccoli. In a mixing bowl, add broccoli, scallions, garlic, cheddar, egg, and breadcrumbs. Optional: add hot sauce of choice. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.

Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray. Shape the mixture into tot shapes and spread them evenly on the sheet.

Bake for 8-9 minutes. Flip and then bake for an additional 8-9 minutes on the other side until golden brown.

--
image.png.db2dde017aec497b8d9888288c85a66d.png

icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated Virus-free.www.avast.com

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

That looks good.  I'm going to make some for myself in the near future and this would be a great contribution to bring to a family gathering.
I put it in my recipe folder's veggie subfolder as aa docx file like this:

Broccoli Tots: baked not fried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG0GVNN-rm4&t=11s

image.png.47d9b1ea014f49296c85cf7cdccf0c81.png

INGREDIENTS

12 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets

1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced

2 large garlic cloves, finely diced

2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 egg, beaten

2/3 cup breadcrumbs

Salt & Pepper

Optional: 2 tsp sriracha (optional but recommended!)

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 400

Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Aggressively season it with salt. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and finely chop the cooked broccoli. In a mixing bowl, add broccoli, scallions, garlic, cheddar, egg, and breadcrumbs. Optional: add hot sauce of choice. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.

Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray. Shape the mixture into tot shapes and spread them evenly on the sheet.

Bake for 8-9 minutes. Flip and then bake for an additional 8-9 minutes on the other side until golden brown.

--
image.png.db2dde017aec497b8d9888288c85a66d.png

icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated Virus-free.www.avast.com

Through my program I learned a neat carb friendly trick in that I mash pork rinds and substitute for bread crumbs.  I made some meatballs with pork rinds and couldn’t even tell the difference.  

• Like 1