365 Grateful

SuzieQ

I am grateful for jeans fresh out of the dryer after completing a 22 mile ride, the last three miles of which were in torrential rain.

*squeezes out gloves, shorts, jersey, socks, shoe insoles, bandana*

*squish*

Further, I am grateful that all three of us that rode were able to laugh like kids once we were absolutely socked through to the bone.

• Heart 1

I am grateful to see another Fall.  It is my favorite time of the year.

Winter, Spring and Summer suck compared to Fall!   :)

+Eleventy Billion

One of my new favorite things to do in the fall (that I discovered last year) is the Zombie Safari Paintball Hayride!

http://www.thomasfamilyfarm.com/nighttime-activities/zombie-safari-paintball-hayride

My daughter was down from school last weekend...I was so glad to see her. Sunday night, I drove her back to school, instead of her taking the bus. Those hours together are special. I am grateful for that time with her.

• Heart 3

I'm grateful for my youngest son.  I feel blessed to call him my son.  He has never done anything that disappointed me.  He played drums as a youngster and I never knew why he took up drums until many years later when he was giving a sermon at a mega church and I was watching a DVD of the service.  He said he was always trying to please people and he knew I liked drums so he decided to take them up.  It has served him well over the years and although he prefers to play guitar, piano, mandolin or keyboards when they are looking for a drummer that is in tune with where they are going they call on him. He married a wonderful woman and they gave me three absolutely amazing and beautiful granddaughters. He is quite the song writer and has given me private cd's that nobody else has (I also have the ones that he has recorded for the public, available on iTunes etc.).

• Heart 3

I'm glad and very thankful that my truck sits kinda high. A skunk ran out in front of me this evening and I was able to straddle his without causing any squishiness. Looked in the mirror, and Mr. Pin Stripe was still waddling across the road.

And my truck doesn't stink.

I am happy about that.

• Heart 1

I'm glad and very thankful that my truck sits kinda high. A skunk ran out in front of me this evening and I was able to straddle his without causing any squishiness. Looked in the mirror, and Mr. Pin Stripe was still waddling across the road.

And my truck doesn't stink.

I am happy about that.

Good for you, Pokey!

I passed one of these the other evening.  I am grateful that it didn;t stink up the whole neighbourhood for days. :)

Good for you, Pokey!

I passed one of these the other evening.  I am grateful that it didn;t stink up the whole neighbourhood for days. :)

I don't know whats been going on these past two years. We had a skunk infestation last year...you couldn't take a walk without seeing 2 or 3. This year, not as many but far more than in the past. I guess we need more owls.

Louden did some good work.

It rained all day here.

I am out of apples.

There is no ice cream either.

I forgot to take the chicken out to thaw before I left for work...no Chicken Catch A Tory tonight.

Just dropped 400 bucks on the kids car.

Squeeze is in a bad mood. She brought work home with her this evening.

Did not complete my target today...that aggravates the daylights out of me.

Clients were really bitching up a storm over nonsense too.

But all in all...I had a pretty good day.

No accidents.

No bites from 110V.

Did not fall off a ladder.

Still grateful that I did not squish the skunk the other night.

Had a great lunch at a Mom and Pop Mexican place this afternoon. Tasty.

:)

• Heart 2

Today I am happy for heat.  As I age my hands and feet get very cold in cooler weather.  They start getting cold in September and don't feel right until June.  I work inside and have my own thermostat in my office, this makes me happy.

New-Arrival-Winter-font-b-Electric-b-fon

These will help with the feets.  :)
  • Heart 1

I am thankful for all those that keep me safe, fire, police, emergency responders, military...

On the walk to the garage yesterday it was raining.  On the walk there were a few police cars and a fire truck.  They were near a crosswalk at a college.  Several firefighters were on their knees in the mud tending to what I think was a student hit in the crosswalk.  It made me weepy knowing these people were there for a total stranger, someone in need.