Apparently, I Screwed Up!

Razors Edge

...and improperly blended Winter air with existing Summer air AND in different ratios. Boy did I pay for that on yesterday's ride :angry:

I thought, with the weather in the 60s, I could just top off the rear tire with whatever air was currently available, so I pumped that up to 90psi. My front tire had been topped off a few days prior with much cooler air, but I like that tire to be a touch softer, so I left it alone (no new air).

Well, that was apparently a poor choice. Now, the rear and the front air blends are way out of sync. I may have to take the extreme measure of fully deflating BOTH tires and starting fresh with the air currently available. This may not end well :(  Of course, I am also about to swap on my "Winter wheelset & tires", so that may fix or it may complicate things. Time will tell.

Tom

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and improperly blended Winter air with existing Summer air AND in different ratios. Boy did I pay for that on yesterday's ride :angry:

I thought, with the weather in the 60s, I could just top off the rear tire with whatever air was currently available, so I pumped that up to 90psi. My front tire had been topped off a few days prior with much cooler air, but I like that tire to be a touch softer, so I left it alone (no new air).

Well, that was apparently a poor choice. Now, the rear and the front air blends are way out of sync. I may have to take the extreme measure of fully deflating BOTH tires and starting fresh with the air currently available. This may not end well :(  Of course, I am also about to swap on my "Winter wheelset & tires", so that may fix or it may complicate things. Time will tell.

Tom

For a quick fix you might try swapping the front and the rear tyres and tubes, taking care to keep the fubar airs within them.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

Definitely take due caution. You could have a moderate high speed blow out. 

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

image.png.aa2ed7c7cac6376ce23a58cfbe260625.png

I love the cover.  "Not Funny!  Learn the 3 simple steps to being amusing on forums."  I'm guessing that if they can't boil that down to 1 simple step it won't work for you.

I'm NOT READING TWO BOOKS in a single calendar year!

Tom