2/22/18 miles/kms/activity

Dirtyhip

Normal commute of 5ish.  We got about one inch of snow. I love taking some risk with a little speed and lean in the corners.  My tires break loose and slide.   Controlling the slide makes me really good on loose dirt.  RALLY THAT SHIT!  :cheerleader:  Stay relaxed and control the slide.  I let out a little giggle, when I do this.  

Today is spin day with PB.  Hopefully, we don''t get STDs from the bike seats.  HA!  Spin day makes me so sweaty and gross.  Have to opt for a shorter workout, so I can shower.  One hour lunches leave a lot to be desired. I always have to eat at my desk.  Luckily, my boss is super chill about my constant desk eating.  

• Heart 2

36 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I guess everyone else are lazy sacks today? :mellow:

I was at the gym at 6am, Jason got there the same time as me. He makes me feel like a slouch when I swim laps while he is swimming laps. He is training for a full Ironman and he swims two laps to every one of mine. I finished my laps first (he swims 2 1/4 miles and I just swim 1/4 mile). I went to the gym and worked my abs, rode the stationary bike (wiped the seat down with disinfectant, vinyl seat, no PRI) worked my upper body, worked my legs on the leg press, ran two miles on the dread mill, showered and went to the city to pick up my new glasses. Went to the LBS and bought a tire (customer appreciation sale, all accessories 25% off). Stopped at the beer store and bought a twelve pack of Tröegs First Cut IPA. Stopped at Aldi’s and bought $40 worth of fruits and vegetables and $10 worth of ground serloin. Came home and grilled some burgers and made a salad. That’s why I’m late posting.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2.6 warmup on the spin bike, 30 minute strength class, 2.15 on the treadmill. While running, I saw someone out of my peripheral vision that resembled someone I know. When I turned my head to look, the lady next to me threw a towel over her treadmill screen like I was cheating on a test! Seriously?!?  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, groupw said:

When I turned my head to look, the lady next to me threw a towel over her treadmill screen like I was cheating on a test! Seriously?!?  

I sometimes cover the screen so I don’t look at it. I just leave the left bottom corner of the screen uncovered so I can see my heart rate. When I leave it uncovered I keep staring at the mileage and wondering why it doesn’t seem to be moving. There is seldom anyone else running in the morning when I run. About eight treadmills and all in use by old people walking.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I sometimes cover the screen so I don’t look at it. I just leave the left bottom corner of the screen uncovered so I can see my heart rate. When I leave it uncovered I keep staring at the mileage and wondering why it doesn’t seem to be moving. There is seldom anyone else running in the morning when I run. About eight treadmills and all in use by old people walking.

I listen to music on my earbuds, try to find a TV near my field of vision that is somewhat interesting. It's also why I glance around the gym. That also helps with my balance and stability. I think almost everyone glances at other screens. For me, it's just curiosity. Sometimes people are going very fast with no visible effort. Other times, legs are moving furiously and they are going quite slow. I have my own training plan. If someone wants to look, they sure can. It's not going to help them much unless they are beside me every day and do the same plan. 

16 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I guess everyone else are lazy sacks today? :mellow:

Ha!

Like you, just my normal commute miles. But bonus points for me since it was raining (not snowing).  Very few peeps out as opposed to the day before when it was crazy.

As a small reward, I allowed myself a local brew with dinner

IMG_5828.JPG.f2e1f09fff9baeb2fe90f8f927deafff.JPG

Tom

• Heart 1