One Nice Thing About This Time Of Year

Razors Edge

...is all the new fresh pavement that has been laid down over the past three months or so.  Smooth tarmac is the best tarmac.  As I branch back out into longer rides, I am seeing more and more repaved secondary roads, and that definitely makes country rides better.

Tom

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, not really sure where or who uses chip seal.  I do encounter it on occasion, but that is generally not on my rides.

Tom

Kalamazoo County does a pretty good job of keeping the roads up.  They are also really good about using a lot of chip seal.  A couple years ago they started using a really fine crushed chip and then doing an overspray of sealer on the more well traveled roads.  It was like new pavement.  This year it looks like they are also adding the topcoat sealer to all the roads they use normal sized chip.  It helps a lot.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Kalamazoo County does a pretty good job of keeping the roads up.  They are also really good about using a lot of chip seal.  A couple years ago they started using a really fine crushed chip and then doing an overspray of sealer on the more well traveled roads.  It was like new pavement.  This year it looks like they are also adding the topcoat sealer to all the roads they use normal sized chip.  It helps a lot.

Monroe Co. uses this too

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

On our ride up in Central CA I really saw first hand how good our roads are in SoCal.  The roads up there were pretty worn with lots of pot holes.  We really do ride on exceptional pavement where I live.

Roads that never see a snowplow nor road salt/treatment ought to be good!

Tom

• Heart 1