jsharr, we need to get this football thing out of the way

Dottleshead

I'll be glued to the TV Sat and Sun.

I'm looking at the easy, free, online fantasy football games with prizes during the playoffs - like a paid trip for 2 to the 2020 Super Bowl + $1000 spending money +accompanied by a former/current NFL player and his guest to the game and dinner.

I'll post it in a new thread when I'm done searching for them by Thurs.

@Dottles regardless of the outcome Jerry Jones is still the anti Christ of footballing and the Dallas Cowboys therefore will still suck, even if they bring home a Lombardi trophy.  This condition will continue until Jerry Jones sits down, shuts up, signs checks and lets his GM and Head Coach run the team.

I think the Dallas/Seattle game pits two very evenly matched teams against one another.  They are both very similar.  We match up equally just about everywhere but, all things considered, I like my Seattle team only because I think we have the proven quarterback.  I normally don't boil it down to quarterback play but in this case I think it makes a difference.

I stay committed to rooting for the winner in the next round regardless of which team wins.

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Cowboys/Colts has a good ring to it. I think that they will take Houston AGAIN.  

I'm not terribly confident the Texans defense can keep the Stratford High kid tearing up their defense. He's playing very well of late, and our defensive backs have a tendency to suck. The Texans offense is geared toward kicking field goals. If I were a betting man, I'd put my bucks on the Dolts.

• Heart 1

Just now, Ltdskilz said:

I'm not terribly confident the Texans defense can keep the Stratford High kid tearing up their defense. He's playing very well of late, and our defensive backs have a tendency to suck. The Texans offense is geared toward kicking field goals. If I were a betting man, I'd put my bucks on the Dolts.

They are playing awfully good on both sides of the ball.  Luck is making some amazing plays.  But he is also doing stupid stuff as well (like that pick 6 in the last game).  If he (and the colts) don't beat themselves with stupid turnovers I really feel like they will go far.  But it's the NFL.  Any given SUnday....

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

WTF would you EVER root for Dallas?????

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

Because he is American and the Cowboys are America's Team! 

Image result for go team america

Go Team America, F Yeah!

I'll make the sacrifice and put friendship ahead of sports allegiance.  But I admit when I see shit like jsharr posts about America's Team -- it makes it hard -- real hard to do the right thing.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

WTF would you EVER root for Dallas?????

And honestly, I probably won't be in this position. And also because if I am put into that position, your Deadskins aren't available to root for.  But then I would ask myself why would I ever root for the Deadskins anyway?  For that matter, the whole NFC East can go to hell.

46 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I'll make the sacrifice and put friendship ahead of sports allegiance.  But I admit when I see shit like jsharr posts about America's Team -- it makes it hard -- real hard to do the right thing.

Why do you hate America?  Are you from Durkadurkastan?

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2019 at 10:40 AM, Dottles said:

I think the Dallas/Seattle game pits two very evenly matched teams against one another. 

Cowboys vs. Seahawks odds, line: 2019 NFL Wild Card picks, Playoff predictions from proven model on 16-6 roll

The Cowboys are favored by 2.5 points with an Over-Under of 42.5 points, but if you're going to make any picks on this postseason rematch, you need to see what the SportsLine advanced projection model has to say. The model simulates every NFL game 10,000 times.

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

Cowboys vs. Seahawks odds, line: 2019 NFL Wild Card picks, Playoff predictions from proven model on 16-6 roll

The Cowboys are favored by 2.5 points with an Over-Under of 42.5 points, but if you're going to make any picks on this postseason rematch, you need to see what the SportsLine advanced projection model has to say. The model simulates every NFL game 10,000 times.

I'm sick of hearing how the Cowboys have improved... and how they beat the Saints (number one seed)!  Wow.  Well, Seattle has improved too and we beat the Chiefs (number one seed) with many 3rd stringers (on our o-line and in our secondary) in the game.  Crickets.  This is pure marketing bullshit and is yet another reason why I love beating Dallas.  Toss out our game in September.  It means nothing.  For both teams, it was a galvanizing game and both teams went in the right direction afterwards.  This game is going to come down to how much damage Elliott does to our defense (this is a legit concern), what version of Dak are we going to see (mediocre or bad), how their new "playmaking" defense (please note the quotes around this term -- I'm trying not to piss my pants) stands up to our rushing attack, and what coaching blunder Jason makes -- if any.  As for the quarterback, I'll take Russell Wilson over Dak Prescott 10 times out of 10.  Feel free to emblazon that on my forehead in gold if you like.  I demand that make it at least gold, however.  I'm not having a forehead plate with Russell Wilson's name on it made out of copper.  And apart from one game in early September a few years ago, the Seahawks have had big Ds number. 

I don't feel confident about this game at all, but if I lived in Dallas, I wouldn't feel confident for my team either.  I don't care that they got Amari Cooper now.  We've now got a healthy Doug Baldwin.  I certainly would not bet on the Seahawks (although I like spread) but I also would not bet against them.  So finally for some real home cookin'.  I really love to watch the balloon deflate in Dallas.  No better show to watch.

You know what else?  Only dummies read pre-game hype articles about upcoming football games form 'experts' or from opponent's websites. I oughtta know.