Time to start heading home

BR46

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

Soon we will be hitting the road and start making our way home.  It's a 15 hour drive with the motorhome so we will probably drive half way today. 

If you are "heading home", how is it possible when you are in a "motor home"?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

How is the patient?

Walking slow. He went to work today but he told his boss that he not going to be able to do any test driving for a while. 

He said that he is suprised that it doesn't hurt more. He hasn't taken any pain meds or anything. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, BR46 said:

He said that he is suprised that it doesn't hurt more. He hasn't taken any pain meds or anything. 

I think the Lidocaine they use now has more residual effect than what they used to use. It’s usually close to a week before my surgeries get painful and by then I’m starting to heal.

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Walking slow. He went to work today but he told his boss that he not going to be able to do any test driving for a while. 

I found a new race bike for your son.

Image result for ambulance side car

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, BR46 said:

What caused such a deep puncture wound? Did he land on the bike or the bike on him?

Glad to hear he’s back in his feet and back to work.

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Yea, it gets to be that way.  What time did you drive through?

There was a small accident just before you get into the city. I think it was just shutdown while they were loading a car on the flat bed. After we got moving we went through pretty fast. 

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I would imagine that something long and sharp stuck into his leg.

Something dull. The only thing that we can figure is one of the pegs. 

Screenshot_20190403-093516_Messages.thumb.jpg.0bc2327dad9641ee1c20b348fc94b360.jpg

He said as soon as he got up blood was squirting out the hole on his leathers. 

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Did he land on the bike or the bike on him?

He low sided in one of the turns so the bike fell on his leg as it was sliding down the track.

The track crew didn't do a very good job of cleaning up some oil after someone blew up a motor in a earlier race. 

This is a screenshot from his on board video. He said he just didn't see it until it was too late. 

20190402_071250.thumb.jpg.3a3bf7a3ef695c0af6b6e041b9e07ebd.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, smudge said:

The details of the story are grosser than the pic!! I hope it heals up well.

And I hope you are having good traveling weather.

No rain all the way there and back. The only time we had rain was on Sunday. It was raining off and on lightly Sunday and we think that the clean up crew had a hard time cleaning up the track and it was hard to see things like oil on the track..