Wow! Who Knew?

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Wow.  How old was it?  I had one the got brittle after 12 or so years 

No idea. We have like 10 of them, so it's hard to know other than by seeing that the REI label is almost gone, so it is probably at least 5-10 yrs old.  It was full of water, too, so that was fun to mop up.

Just now, dennis said:

They keep cold liquid cold and hot liquid hot. I've never seen one break. 

I never saw a Nalgene break until today!

I have a couple aluminum insulated type of cups for camping - pint glasses that we use for coffee in the AM and beer in the PM.  They work great for that.

18 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

The ones like this around here are only 1/2 litre size.  Do they come in bigger sizes?  Nalgene bottles are a full litre 

They have a comparable liter/quart "big mouth" option.  Similar dimensions, but twice as heavy (empty).  Overkill for "water", but good if you want hot to stay hot or cold to stay cold.  That's why I like the cups for camping, but don't really want/need them for daily use.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

They have a comparable liter/quart "big mouth" option.  Similar dimensions, but twice as heavy (empty).  Overkill for "water", but good if you want hot to stay hot or cold to stay cold.  That's why I like the cups for camping, but don't really want/need them for daily use.

I was wondering about weight too.  I have used Nalgenes since the early 90s and have not had a problem with them.  

41 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't understand that foreign talk.  I have one that is 32oz.  I use it some weekends while reading and sipping tea.

A Litre is 33.8 oz