Humility! The downside of living in a large state.

jsharr

6 minutes ago, Dottie said:

The problem with this is if Texas were truly surrounded by ocean water, they would be a lot more diverse and opened minded that what they are. Therefore, I claim false 

Says the guy from the land where open mindedness means that you can believe whatever you want as long as it agrees with what I/we believe in.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dottie said:

The problem with this is if Texas were truly surrounded by ocean water, they would be a lot more diverse and opened minded that what they are. Therefore, I claim false 

So if Texas was an island, cut off from all other external influences, we would some how be more diverse and open minded?   At least now I have better insight into your 5 year platform plan.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Krusty Kzoo said:

Says the guy from the land where open mindedness means that you can believe whatever you want as long as it agrees with what I/we believe in.

No.  My comments apply to Texas only.  I haven't gotten to Michigan yet.  Problem is I kinda like MSU.  Aggies seem to have a squabble with the 12-Man thing we bought from them.  Geez.  You pay them cash and they still balk.

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So if Texas was an island, cut off from all other external influences, we would some how be more diverse and open minded?   At least now I have better insight into your 5 year platform plan.

Three words before Ted Cruz came along:  Lyndon Baines Johnson. Admit it.  That hurts.  ?

4 minutes ago, Dottie said:

No.  My comments apply to Texas only.  I haven't gotten to Michigan yet.  Problem is I kinda like MSU.  Aggies seem to have a squabble with the 12-Man thing we bought from them.  Geez.  You pay them cash and they still balk.

Leased.  Licensed, not bought.

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You have to do this on a daily basis it seems.  

Well, to be honest, Texas A&M is pretty small potatoes and I don't really follow it all that much. Also, marketing doesn't do much for me one way or another.  Having said all that, I can see why you do though.  Sometimes, I wish I had as much pride in the school I graduated from but mostly I just consider it as an opportunity.  

I'm getting older and seem to be showing less interest in things.  In my view, that's probably not a good sign.

48 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You have to do this on a daily basis it seems.  

If you aren't doing this sort of thing, then you're doing something wrong. Nothing worse than know-it-alls who don't.

I get the impression you keep trying to learn new things, but can't resist poking poor @Dottie.  

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

Well, to be honest, Texas A&M is pretty small potatoes and I don't really follow it all that much. Also, marketing doesn't do much for me one way or another.  Having said all that, I can see why you do though.  Sometimes, I wish I had as much pride in the school I graduated from but mostly I just consider it as an opportunity.  

I'm getting older and seem to be showing less interest in things.  In my view, that's probably not a good sign.

I could see how you could think that A&M, who averages over 98,000 fans per game at home football games would be small potatoes, to the Seahawks and their massive attendance of 69,000 fans per game.  Oh wait, that doesn't math well for the Seahags.  I guess our 12th man is real......

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-top-5-in-home-attendance-top-10-in-total-attendance-118501781/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

OOOOPS, my humility is showing again.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I could see how you could think that A&M, who averages over 98,000 fans per game at home football games would be small potatoes, to the Seahawks and their massive attendance of 69,000 fans per game.  Oh wait, that doesn't math well for the Seahags.  I guess our 12th man is real......

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-top-5-in-home-attendance-top-10-in-total-attendance-118501781/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

OOOOPS, my humility is showing again.

You pay weanie ticket prices? Honestly, I won't pay Seahag tix prices.

5 minutes ago, Dottie said:

You pay weanie ticket prices? Honestly, I won't pay Seahag tix prices.

Have not been to a game on campus since the 80s  I work for a living and cannot afford pro sports tickets.  BTW, college football is a pro sport. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Which group of fans look up at a championship banner during the games? Asking for a friend.

Kyle Field is not roofed, so we cannot look up at our three National Championships in football.

Where do you keep your one?

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Kyle Field is not roofed, so we cannot look up at our three National Championships in football.

Where do you keep your one?

Mine are from the "Modern Era" and there are more than one.  But I was wondering if you guys do call out that big win in 1939 as something to hang your hats on, and I guess it turns out that you do :D

Coach Norton is a legend!

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Mine are from the "Modern Era" and there are more than one.  But I was wondering if you guys do call out that big win in 1939 as something to hang your hats on, and I guess it turns out that you do :D

Coach Norton is a legend!

What position did you play for the Seahawks in 14?  I had no idea the Aggies had won a National Championship until I googled that.  We hang our hats more on the band and the corps and the leaders we produce, esp. the military leaders.

Like this guy, who was a friend of mine back in the day, but I have not seen him since we were at A&M in the 80s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Smith_(general)

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The dude? Did he live in the past? I might know a couple folks who were alive in the "Texas A&M" glory years.

The dude was only one of the few that I've known to be kicked out of here.  Similar to Nate but not as affable. Big Patriots fan -- and he let you know it.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

What position did you play for the Seahawks in 14?  I had no idea the Aggies had won a National Championship until I googled that.  We hang our hats more on the band and the corps and the leaders we produce, esp. the military leaders.

Like this guy, who was a friend of mine back in the day, but I have not seen him since we were at A&M in the 80s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Smith_(general)

Are you talking to ME or Dottie?  He's the Seahawks fan!  I'm just trying to figure out what you two numbskulls were comparing. I now realize it has nothing to do with football, so I will see if the true object of comparison eventually surfaces.