Saturday hot miles

Further

34 and change, 1600 climbing feet, on one of my favorite routes.  I left the house at 6:40am and it was still a hot ride.  Felt great to be out there.

Still love finding Surprise New Asphalt - today I found it on two roads that really needed it.  One of these was a somewhat twisty descent and it's my favorite cycling moment of the year if not longer.  Huge smile the whole way down. :D :speedy:

Strava said I reached 59 mph.  Strava lies.

• Awesome 1

Just 30 due to the heat. Wanted a little longer ride, but realized it was only getting hotter as the day wore on, so finished at 1pm with a "feels like" temp of 106o and a real temp of 95o. It got to 98o a little while later, so turning around made sense, and can try again tomorrow.

Hopped on the scale before my post-ride shower wearing just my bike shorts. Took them off and re-weighed.  Over a pound of difference due to the shorts being saturated. Ew. ?

• Haha 1

46 miles, 60-91 degrees, 5-25 mph winds, sunny.  Swan Falls dam to Boise, 2500 feet of climbing.  The climb out of the canyon is 632 feet in 1.6 miles, with 11-13% sections.  Day 7 of the Ride Idaho bike tour.

• Heart 2