NFL Week One check in

jsharr

How did your team look?

What are your feelings about the season?

I have to admit that the Cowboys looked good.  Dak was impressive and his receiver corps rose to the occasion.  

Granted, they were playing the New York Footballing Giants, but still, some of those passes were beautiful.

I fear that a key player with a big contract is going to have a season ending injury.  I expect it to be Zeke, but after yesterday, Dak is going to get a new contract very soon.

The Packers were boring. Rodgers needed to get in the swing of things, which he finally did.

Fantasy football:

I thought I had Detroit's TE in my lineup, but he was on my bench. Dumb. Arizona new QB almost left me with a goose egg until he finally settled down and relied on my boy Larry Fitzgerald. I have both RBs from NE on one team; I'll dump one AFTER next week's matchup against Miami. And I'm really ticked that I don't have my boy Christian McCaffrey this year in either of my teams. He's my favorite football player. Tough as nails, and reliable as hell. 

3 minutes ago, smudge said:

The Packers were boring. Rodgers needed to get in the swing of things, which he finally did.

Fantasy football:

I thought I had Detroit's TE in my lineup, but he was on my bench. Dumb. Arizona new QB almost left me with a goose egg until he finally settled down and relied on my boy Larry Fitzgerald. I have both RBs from NE on one team; I'll dump one AFTER next week's matchup against Miami. And I'm really ticked that I don't have my boy Christian McCaffrey this year in either of my teams. He's my favorite football player. Tough as nails, and reliable as hell. 

Rex Burkhead is my homeboy.  Played for the Plano Wildcats.  

https://www.patriots.com/video/rex-burkhead-presents-golden-football-to-his-high-school

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

How did your team look?

What are your feelings about the season?

I have to admit that the Cowboys looked good.  Dak was impressive and his receiver corps rose to the occasion.  

Granted, they were playing the New York Footballing Giants, but still, some of those passes were beautiful.

I fear that a key player with a big contract is going to have a season ending injury.  I expect it to be Zeke, but after yesterday, Dak is going to get a new contract very soon.

You're right.

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

The Seahawks struggled, the Pats did not.

Bengals still have the best helmets in football 

We face the Steelers next week.  Initially, I thought -- this is not going to go well for Seattle after our game with Cincy.  They outplayed us and yet we won.  But after what the Pats did to the Steelers, I feel better.  I feel like we can clean it up.  I'm not declaring victory or anything -- but as bad as we looked -- the Steelers looked worse. But It's all relative and the Pats do have a much greater pedigree than the Bungles. But I'm beginning to think Cincy and their new coach may be better than predicted. Their new coach from the Rams and Dalton appear to be on the verge of something.  And their D-Line is tough.

I think after about 6 games, we all will have a pretty good idea of our teams and if they will complete or stay home for the holidays. 

• Heart 1

Rams were a little rusty but did enough to win. O-line was solid, two 2nd year guys including center so that was a concern.  Eric Weddle took a nasty shot to the head by McCaffrey (Freaking hurdled the old man!) but the back ups got the job done.

I still think it’s a good team, we’ll see how New Orleans looks tonight as they are my pick to represent the NFC in the SB.

A LOT of teams looked like garbage. A result of too many coaches not playing started in preseason.  They needed to shake off rust.

Eagles looked far too slow and lazy falling behind 17-0.  Then looked every but the SB contender dominating the 2nd half.  

The NFC East?  Weak.  Giants and Skins are bad teams.  Dallas will implode again.

And too bad for Nicky 6.  Not even 1 quarter and he's on IR.  Maybe this will shut up  the Philly fans who wanted to keep him because "Wentz gets hurt"

9 minutes ago, Dottie said:

But I'm beginning to think Cincy and their new coach may be better than predicted. Their new coach from the Rams and Dalton appear to be on the verge of something.  And their D-Line is tough.

Zac Taylor... Rams QB coach last year and part of Goff’s improvement over the past 2 years.   He spent the past 2 years with McVay so he probably learned a thing or two...

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Zac Taylor... Rams QB coach last year and part of Goff’s improvement over the past 2 years.   He spent the past 2 years with McVay so he probably learned a thing or two...

Yep. I am now convinced that Cincy will be a handful for whoever they play.  It's not like Seattle doesn't/hasn't won it's fair share of squeakers but yesterday they were beat pretty soundly in most aspects of the game.  Yes, yes, I'm being hard on them -- but Cincy took it to us.  They are going to beat some teams this year.