Good morning

BR46

Enjoying a cup of coffee before the fun begins.  In a few hours we will be pouring concrete today. 

If anyone wants a good workout today all the concrete has to be wheeled up the driveway to the back yard. Your help would be appreciated. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

Enjoying a cup of coffee before the fun begins.  In a few hours we will be pouring concrete today. 

If anyone wants a good workout today all the concrete has to be wheeled up the driveway to the back yard. Your help would be appreciated. 

How many yards are you moving? Why don’t you get one of these?

F9D4D358-7E53-431A-B10C-3D3CF843B39E.thumb.jpeg.11147546f360792106377e504a345f91.jpeg

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Are you paving the back yard test track, or just increasing the size of the race shop.  :P

I wish 

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

How many yards are you moving? Why don’t you get one of these?

F9D4D358-7E53-431A-B10C-3D3CF843B39E.thumb.jpeg.11147546f360792106377e504a345f91.jpeg

4 and a half 

45 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I wish 

4 and a half 

Crikey, have you ever moved that much concrete before? What are you moving it with?

I moved three yards by wheelbarrow when I was in my early twenties. I decided I never want to do that again. Do you have any help? Once you get it wheeled you still have to finish it. If it sets up on you before you get it finished you will have a real mess.

4 hours ago, BR46 said:

I'm not falling for this trickery - AGAIN! :angry:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BR46 said:

Unfortunately, I am down a wheel on my skid loader yet again.  Otherwise I could handle this with no issue.

9 minutes ago, dumbfuck said:

Unfortunately, I am down a wheel on my skid loader yet again.  Otherwise I could handle this with no issue.

I think he should rent a skid loader. I don’t know what he is using but a normal construction wheelbarrow will be a lot of work. The time frame to get it done is where the problem comes in. After I moved three and a half yards I went in and woke up my dad (he worked night shift) to help me finish the concrete before it set up.

• Heart 1

The fun part was the hill at the end of the driveway that the wheelbarrows had to be pushed up. And I'm thankful for my neighbor who came to help out at the last minute. Scott had a employee quit last week but had a new guy that today was his first day but he never showed. When Scott finely got a hold of the new guy he said that he wasn't able to work today because he couldn't find his tools. Some people just don't want to work because when Scott said he has extra tools. The new guy was still a no show. 

Luckily for us the neighbor has off this week a came over at the last minute to help truck concrete. I'm just wondering why the neighbor was trucking wheelbarrow that were only half full. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Further said:

I'm almost there, is there beer?

Yes. ....but we are all done. Now I'm sitting in the house having a cup of coffee. Scott has gone home and the neighbor is helping his kids with their school work. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Further said:

Ah shit.

Well I tried, maybe next time..

There wont be a next time. This was one of the last few things that we wanted to replace but you are still welcome to come over and have a beer.  

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

So how many wheelbarrow loads did you haul? Did you have to pay demurrage on the cement truck?

I didn't keep count I just know that my legs are screaming at me from pushing the wheelbarrows up hill. 

We did not have to pay demurrage we only went a few minutes over. The truck driver was even hanging out in the back yard talking to Scott. The truck drivers dad is the owner of the cement company and I have known the truck drivers dad since kindergarten. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

many inches thick is that slab?

4 inches 

Scott's line of work is masonry but I got the friend and the in between big jobs discount. I am so thankful that the neighbor came to help truck. 

• Awesome 1