Alaska trip canceled.

sheep_herder

Our big softball tourney that was supposed to be in Colorado has been "regionalized".  It was supposed to be all of the best teams in the US.  Now it is split up into 4 regions.  Ours happens to be Chattanooga TN.  That is much more drive-able than Colorado City.  I hope it still happens.  I like Chatty TN.  

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

I have not been up the inland passage yet.  But I will.  Sitka is definitely a stop.

My wife really likes Sitka, but I've never been to Alaska.  She was probably going on the trip, but nothing had been decided when it was canceled. We had not made plane or hotel reservations, so did not have the hassle of canceling those.  Things will work out in time.

I'm sorry the trip is cancelled sheep_herder.  Having fun things to look forward to is almost as much fun as going on the trips.   A coworker just rescheduled his summer wedding and was glad that all the vendors worked with them to reschedule without penalties.

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, Dottles said:

I have not been up the inland passage yet.  But I will.  Sitka is definitely a stop.

If we ever get back to Alaska, this is where I want to go.

• Heart 1

Yep, we had several trips planned this year. We wanted to take a zig zag road trip out west to meet our new Grand Daughter. Then take the Miata down to Pigeon Forge, see Mammoth Cave again, then the Tail Of The Dragon. And this was the year I was finally hoping to do my road trip up to Alaska to see the stuff you cant see on the public tours. Even bought a new SUV to traverse the low maintenance roads. Now we're down to hoping Gramma can at least fly out for a weekend to visit our Grand Daughter before she learns to walk and talk. :(

• Heart 1