Bless me Forum, for I have sinned....

Johnny Come Lately Name

I wasted an entire 750ml of perfectly good bourbon.:(

Stopped at the liquor store on the way home last night. Picked up the plastic bag from the counter and turned to leave the store.....and the bottle went right through the bottom.:(

I stood there, on the verge of tears, holding the bag by the handles and looking at the disaster on the floor.

Next time I speak with the Brothers Carvell, I will apologize profusely for wasting their hard work

BCB is here to stay!

• Heart 2
  • Sad 6

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It's why proper drinkers go with the paper bag wrapped tightly around the bottle.  It has worked for a century, why fuck with that????

I know, I know. This is what happens when you try to "improve" things and go with these newfangled plastic bags.

18 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Aren't they illegal in NY?  This is why.

They've either rescinded the law or delayed it for some time due to Covid.  Grocery stores that were prohibited from using plastic have reverted to plastic in the last few months. 

3 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

That's all they offer and NYS Liquor law requires that you have your purchase in a bag. :rolleyes:

Our liquor store has very heavy plastic bags, like the ones from department stores.  Probably better to invest in better bags than broken bottles of booze.

I will usually ask for a box to place the bottles in.

Photos at Total Wine & More - 20 tips

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I will usually ask for a box to place the bottles in

If I'm buying more than one or two, I do.

I have been using my own grocery bags for about ten years, and remembering to bring them into the grocery store is habit. But I'm still getting the hang of remembering to bring in one of the six bags I have in the truck, for other things.

Did the bag with SO's cheap Montepulciano break? NOOOOOOO. The bag that had to go and shit out it's contents was my bourbon. :angry:

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

If I'm buying more than one or two, I do.

I have been using my own grocery bags for about ten years, and remembering to bring them into the grocery store is habit. But I'm still getting the hang of remembering to bring in one of the six bags I have in the truck, for other things.

Did the bag with SO's cheap Montepulciano break? NOOOOOOO. The bag that had to go and shit out it's contents was my bourbon. :angry:

On the plus side, you now have bourbon scented footwear, no?