Ya'll sound dumb when you try and talk like you know about shit in Texas

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Dirtyhip,

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

You'd think there would be a larger penalty for using "Texas" in a thread title.

RE I have only one thing to say about your Texas comment. Ya'll sound dumb when you try and talk like you know about shit in Texas

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I am sorry that I said the city would eat me alive. That was dramatic.

in my experience with big cities, I experience severe culture shock when in a larger city. We used to live in a big city about 25 years ago. When i go to cities like that now people are moving so fast. Rushing around and not smiling or talking to each other. I don’t get it. 

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am sorry that I said the city would eat me alive. That was dramatic.

in my experience with big cities, I experience severe culture shock when in a larger city. We used to live in a big city about 25 years ago. When i go to cities like that now people are moving so fast. Rushing around and not smiling or talking to each other. I don’t get it. 

I feel exactly the same about cities.  They leave me uncomfortable.

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I feel exactly the same about cities.  They leave me uncomfortable.

15 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My heart rate increases for sure. :unsure: 

...there is a period of adjustment.  I've done it at least three times. All of them were more or less related to work and money.

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

I thought you were retired.

...the last time I moved back to the big city, I was retired.  I just got sick, and couldn't deal with everything you need to deal with on 5 acres in the hinterlands. The other times I was either moving to find work in the big city (which used to be much easier), or I already had a job, and I transferred to a larger urban environment for the amenities.

I just reviewed it in my mental biography, and once was moving from the sticks in MN down to South Minneapolis to both find better employment and to take classes at the U, the next was in moving from East TN to a small farm town in the Great Central Valley (the place we lived in TN was the ass end off nowhere.)  Then Merced to the Big Tomato, as a transfer and to find a different job.

I think the toughest shocks were when I was living in the sticks in MN, and flew back a couple of times to make some quick cash money, driving a cab in D.C. But I was both young and often stoned then, so it eased the transition.