Wo46 was asking about

BR46

:whistle: I have a bad arm :P

It is about cabin fever..and tired of not getting out due to the cold spell..If I was retired and had the right clothing..yup...I would ski or walk for sure...

Here is the old fart story: I remember a long cold snap in the late 70's (back when windchill was only mentioned when it was a blizzard or dang windy)..it warmed up to -10...I had this nifty ski stuff for my face..similar to chapstick..we dressed up and off we went...I am not sure of the distance we didn't  have technology in those days..but we usually met at noon and returned home about 3pm..

• Heart 2

I skied last night. It was a nice night, but crazy windy. When we got to the top, I took cover behind a tree for the transition down and made my friend scan my badge at the top. He gave me first ascent. The only time I will be faster than him. 

Three skiers and two dogs. The dogs had a blast. On the way down we had another dog join the group. His owner was heading uphill. We could here him calling the dog for a long time. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, petitepedal said:

:whistle: I have a bad arm :P

It is about cabin fever..and tired of not getting out due to the cold spell..If I was retired and had the right clothing..yup...I would ski or walk for sure...

Here is the old fart story: I remember a long cold snap in the late 70's (back when windchill was only mentioned when it was a blizzard or dang windy)..it warmed up to -10...I had this nifty ski stuff for my face..similar to chapstick..we dressed up and off we went...I am not sure of the distance we didn't  have technology in those days..but we usually met at noon and returned home about 3pm..

I can top that old fart story. In 1978 we adopted our first son. Esther stayed home with him that winter because he was tiny, only weighed five pounds. The next winter she would bundle him up in many layers and the cutest snow suit with a scarf and a hood and we would head out to check the ski trails on our cross country skis pulling Danny along behind on his sled. The ski trails started at my office and covered 500 acres.

we both remember the time we were skiing through the pines and on a narrow spot on the trail I brushed up against a pine bough. Next thing we heard was Danny screaming. He had been sleeping on his sled and when I brushed up against that pine bough loaded down with the foot of snow that fell overnight it sprung back and dumped the snow on top of Danny burying him including his face. We picked him up and brushed him off and he was fine. Loaded him back in his sled and went on with our skiing.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1