So, tell me all that happened in your life during my sabbatical..

Wilbur

1 minute ago, Allen said:

Inherited the family estate. Been fixing it up. Found some cool stuff cleaning out the house. My lighting bugs come out in a week or two. Got a job wearing tyvek suits. Lost a dog, got a pup. 

I am sure maintaining the estate will be a lengthy labour of love.  Cleaning out the house can't be fun but often stumbling across family artifacts is. 

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Good for you, Old. Sounds like you found a perfect location.  Are you done at the credit union? 

Nope, not yet. I am at my third credit union since retiring from Navy Federal. I am doing clerical work for good money so I won’t complain. My goal is March 2026 when I qualify for Medicare and Social Security income to cover health care and the mortgage. Pension will cover everything else. I may use the time between now and then to set up consulting work for risk management and business continuity. 

• Heart 1

While State Farm has been very good to me, they had a negotiator who kept coming in $45K too low compared to what my Case Manager and Contractor wanted to rebuild my house that burned March 4, 2020.  I was about the beginning of December before State Farm replaced the guy and his replacement approved the $45K.

That set repairs behind and problems due to the pandemic and with materials and delays in permits means the house won't be ready until June.

Meanwhile, State Farm is paying for a $2400/month luxury apartment and furnishing it.  My end date is the end of May as of right now and the contractor and case manager are asking State Farm to extend it to the end of June due to the delays.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I was the primary care giver full time for my wife for at least 15 months and then she died. I’m trying to get my life back together but it’s tough. During the time I was taking care of her I had two heart attacks with a week in the horse spittle each time and some stents. I think stress may have had something to do with it.

John, you have purpose and reason.  This is a very difficult time for you but I ask that you hang in there with us.  You have a lot of value.  This place would not be the same without Gandolf.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

On 5/5/2021 at 7:03 PM, Wilbur said:

Well, I spent last summer cruising the Adriatic on a rented sailboat.  Only Croatia though, as everything was closed down due to Covid.   My job ended unexpectedly as the CEO wasn't anticipating a return to normal travel for some time.   I started a new job, literally the following week but it is primarily a domestic US/Canada aircraft.  This is ok too because it keeps me closer to home and winters in Ft. Myers. 

Daughter 1 had to delay her wedding twice so this summer we will do a simple bride and groom plus siblings and parents service.  Canada is still very locked down, you see. 

My wife was diagnosed with a somewhat rare form of blood cancer so we are still awaiting test results to determine treatment etc. 

I have been very busy flying the new group around as they are in a huge buying spree in the US.  Not really what I wanted but I can tolerate it a few years. 

Oh, and I had CV-19 for 4 months and still have some minor issues.  

I went to visit AWWC and we watched endless Foxes and Fossils videos and Doris Day movies, snacking on Little Debbies and Cheerwine. 

One of the statements above may not be true.  

:) 

Very sorry about the cancer and about the CV-19.  

Pics I have seen of Adriatic are totally stunning.  That part of the world would be nice to visit.  

The buying spree is insane down here.  Homes are under contract within days if not hours.  Especially the lower priced homes, say under 200,000.  The higher priced homes languish.  Likely due to the fact of the low amount of buyers in that price range.  

• Heart 1