INCOMING!

Tizeye

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Workers: "Look out!!!  Duck!"

Tizeye: "No!  Sandhill Cranes!"

They stopped as they came along side as they witnessed everything. Had a good chuckle as they knew I was looking away as the took off then saw my split second reaction. I think the last one I was ducking/guarding my head while shooting in the general direction. 

• Heart 1

We had a trio (mom, pop, baby) at a site on the Stanton Energy Center down Alafaya Trail. The feckers would walk thru the lunch tent eyeballing the various lunch offerings. Kinda disquieting, cuz if you're sitting down, you're looking up at their eyes.

We had a coupla office trailers separated by an 8' porch. One day as I walked from one trailer to the other those f'in birds flew over head on final approach to the tent. I think if I reached up, I coulda snagged a foot. I thought I was being attacked by a flock of pterodactyls.

• Heart 2

Still great pictures.

You're "incoming" reminds me of the huge flocks of Canadian Geese who spend the winter around a local, very-large park where I walk Jake - when they take off and pass overhead they almost blot out the sun and I worry I'm going to get bombed!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Still great pictures.

You're "incoming" reminds me of the huge flocks of Canadian Geese who spend the winter around a local, very-large park where I walk Jake - when they take off and pass overhead they almost blot out the sun and I worry I'm going to get bombed!

Do they have a goose hunting season down there Mc ?

The local parks were over run with Canada Geese, goose shit everywhere. They opened up short very controlled goose hunting seasons, one in the spring one in the fall. Way fewer geese now.

• Heart 1